black magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black magic

anyone remember the butterscotch sweet in the black magic box and can anyone tell me if this is fact or did i just make this up was there one also in the black magic box that was toffee and mallow which leads me nicely onto toffee and mallow eggs remember those i loved them so much

Re: black magic

Yeah really hard Butterscotch, remember the first one I had I nearly lost my tooth. Lovely though...

Comment

Proof
      Attached Files
      Heather

Comment

I grew up wanting to buy black magic chocolates,but never got around to it.I wish i had now,after looking at the picture.

Comment

I tried Black Magic once, but that was many years ago. Is there still a regular plain chocolate in the selection simply known as 'Black Magic'?
          I want a coffee cream again, either that or the one that used to be in Roses.

Comment

My Mum was not very pleased when coffee cremes were dropped from Quality Street in the early 1990s. Same with coffee Vienettas a few years later.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Good riddance to coffee chocolates! They were always left, and the orange cremes. I don't think I've ever had black magic. Didn't used to like dark chocolate. Were they dark chocolate? The ones in the photo look suspiciously milky - am I getting them mixed up with Terry's all gold? Remember the advert for those? See the face you love light up with Terry's all gold - or blow up, as I used to sing
              Last edited by Trickyvee; 08-07-2010, 17:26.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Black magic and All gold were both plain choc. I was quite lucky when i was a kid because my Gran used to get loads of chocolates for birthdays, xmas and she had friends who weren't keen on chocs that used to give her boxes. I always made sure I went round on Saturday afternoon because she'd get a box out when she was havin a cuppa and any that she didn't like mainly hard centres or creams (she used to eat the ones with nuts in and i didn't like nuts) used to get passed my way. I was quids in if it was a box of Terrys Spartan (all hard centres).
                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I remember hanging out with friends in a little park for a few years,and one of the girls was going out with one of the other lads.They had a bit of a tiff,so were not speaking to each other.Anyway,she bought her boyfriend a box of Terry's All Gold and offered it to him.Unfortunately,she made a typical '' We've Had A Tiff,And I Ain't Letting It Go! '', remark to him,as she tried to hand over the box of chocs.Her boyfriend immediately turned his face away,shoving his profile into her face,which led her to immediately snatch the box of chocs back and say '' Sod Ya Then! I didn't Want To Give Them To You Anyway! ''. Her boyfriend let out an exclamation of despair,before telling everyone else how annoying she is,Without Looking At Her,then stormed off in a sulk!
                  She was at her wits end what to do with the box of Terry's All Gold,until she spotted ME! She waltzed over to were i was sitting,and offered them to me,with an air of suppressed despression and angst.I tried to refuse for quite a while,but felt so guilty about rejecting her offer ( She pointed it out that it was the second time she had been rejected that day! ),that i had no choice but to accept the big box of chocolates.I took the box home,left it for ages and ages,then stuffed my face with all the chocolates one day.Yummy!!!

Comment

Couple of ads on youtube for black magic chocolates

I love this advert,and always remember how beautiful it was with all the snow and that magnificent castle

Comment

And that seductive music......

Comment

i was never a fan of coffee sweets but surprised the orange cremes where left.
                        it always surprised me the black magic where actually milk chocolate as the sweets are called black magic.

i may have tried them once or twice ever.
                        blow up now thats funny.heh.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        Good riddance to coffee chocolates! They were always left, and the orange cremes. I don't think I've ever had black magic. Didn't used to like dark chocolate. Were they dark chocolate? The ones in the photo look suspiciously milky - am I getting them mixed up with Terry's all gold? Remember the advert for those? See the face you love light up with Terry's all gold - or blow up, as I used to sing
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I didnt like any coffee chocolates yuk

Comment

they really dont work as sweets none us of liked coffee sweets in chocolates.
                            we'd always leave them,dump them, or give em to anyone who did like em.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            I didnt like any coffee chocolates yuk
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              they really dont work as sweets none us of liked coffee sweets in chocolates.
                              we'd always leave them,dump them, or give em to anyone who did like em.
                              They would always be left till last for someone who liked them in my house

Comment

Working...
                              X