Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern amusement parks

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    Just heard on the news that the infamous Hoppings in Newcastle has been scrapped for good this year . There will be some sort of fair there they say, but it will be nothing like the Hoppings. It's the end of an era. It's been going since 1882!
    Aye and they might be going to Sunderland
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Just heard on the news that the infamous Hoppings in Newcastle has been scrapped for good this year . There will be some sort of fair there they say, but it will be nothing like the Hoppings. It's the end of an era. It's been going since 1882!
      That's shocking! I loved going to the Town Moor ! Wonder why its being stopped?
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

A bust up over rent and pitch terms apparently. It's the fair people themselves that have decided not to run it following crisis talks with the organisers and council.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

A bust up over rent and pitch terms apparently. It's the fair people themselves that have decided not to run it following crisis talks with the organisers and council.
          Well its a real shame that such an institution is coming to an end imo. It'll be the council being greedy i'd imagine! I remember the first time i was taken there, prob 1985. Went every year from then on until about 2003. Always really enjoyed it although it was getting a bit rough with loads of drunken teenagers staggering around!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

The Spanish city was iconic and took on a new life for us when the metro opened and we could get there so much easier from the west end, Dire Straits's "Tunnel of love" is very reminiscent of those late summer nights for me in the early 80's. (even though I don't remember them having tunnel of love or a ghost train)

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
              The Spanish city was iconic and took on a new life for us when the metro opened and we could get there so much easier from the west end, Dire Straits's "Tunnel of love" is very reminiscent of those late summer nights for me in the early 80's. (even though I don't remember them having tunnel of love or a ghost train)
              There was definitely a ghost train. Don't think there was a tunnel of love.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                Been looking online at amusement parks in the North I used to go to and my favs have all closed down ( sob )

Pleasureland at Southport

Anyone got memories of any others that have now closed?
                Pleasureland in Southport has opened again, The Zoo has closed down.

Comment

Working...
                X