Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV show from mid 1970's. Started on a train station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV show from mid 1970's. Started on a train station?

Hi,
    I'm struggling trying to remember the name of a TV show. In fact I cant remember a lot about it, except that it used to start and end I think, on a train station.
    I think it was always misty and set at night?

The people got on the train ,which set off and as far as I recall it transported them either through time or to some mysterious adventure?

Sorry I'm being very vague but I dont remember much more.

Any ideas!?

Thanks
    D

Re: TV show from mid 1970's. Started on a train station?

this one?
    1970s children's mystery/fantasy tv show Shadows The waiting room.

or The last train
    cryogenics show...
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      this one?

or The last train
      cryogenics show...
      Thanks for your reply!
      I don't think it was either of those.
      I'm fairly sure it was a series which always started/ended with a train ride which
      Took the passangers either through time or a portal or something mysterious!

It might have been a US series and I would say it was mid 1970's

Thanks!
      D

Comment

Sapphire and Steel - Assignment 2 ??

YouTube - Assignment 2.11

In an abandoned railway station, ghost hunter George Tully conducts an investigation. His solitary task is interrupted by the two interdimensional operators, who have an investigation of their own — a sinister, growing darkness that feeds on the resentment of the dead, using Private Sam Pearce, the ghost of a World War I soldier shot and killed eleven minutes after the armistice had been signed at 11 o'clock on November 11, as a focus and the memories of war to eliminate its foes.
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post

In an abandoned railway station, ghost hunter George Tully conducts an investigation. His solitary task is interrupted by the two interdimensional operators, who have an investigation of their own — a sinister, growing darkness that feeds on the resentment of the dead, using Private Sam Pearce, the ghost of a World War I soldier shot and killed eleven minutes after the armistice had been signed at 11 o'clock on November 11, as a focus and the memories of war to eliminate its foes.
          Thanks but no, that does not look like it, I didnt see the train ride.

Ghost Train, Time Train etc but I searched on all these and could not come up with anything.

D

Comment

"Time Express", a short-lived show with Vincent Price and Coral Browne as the operators of a train which allowed passengers to revisit critical moments in their lives and fix things that have gone wrong - a bit like a cross between "Fantasy Island" and "Quantum Leap".

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker In The Shadows View Post
              "Time Express", a short-lived show with Vincent Price and Coral Browne as the operators of a train which allowed passengers to revisit critical moments in their lives and fix things that have gone wrong - a bit like a cross between "Fantasy Island" and "Quantum Leap".
              Thats the one!! thanks for that, now my mind can rest

It would be nice to find an episode or two online, so if you come across anything please let me know

D

Comment

along similar lines I'm sure there was a movie with Peter Cushing...one of those 'portmanteu' 70's films where several stories are told in turn...turned out all the train passengers whose story he told were already dead, as the train had crashed

name that film (please!)

Dave
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                  along similar lines I'm sure there was a movie with Peter Cushing...one of those 'portmanteu' 70's films where several stories are told in turn...turned out all the train passengers whose story he told were already dead, as the train had crashed

name that film (please!)

Dave
                  Dr.Terror's House Of Horrors.

I loved all these anthology horror films, Hammer Horror films. and the like.

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

This was my favourite Sapphire And Steel episode. Really creepy.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                      Dr.Terror's House Of Horrors.
                      According to TV Times Dr Terror's House of Horrors is on BBC2 at 1.35am (Sunday).

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                        this one?

or The last train
                        cryogenics show...
                        sapphire and steel

Comment

Originally posted by Dirky View Post
                          Thanks but no, that does not look like it, I didnt see the train ride.

Ghost Train, Time Train etc but I searched on all these and could not come up with anything.

D
                          Originally posted by TIMELORD View Post
                          sapphire and steel
                          Timelord maybe you could suggest another episode? as Sapphire and Steel seems to have been out ruled.
                          Heather

Comment

Working...
                          X