Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's - Mystery / Ghost / Unexplained Series

Hi,

In the 90's there was a series on either BBC1 or ITV which was like a Ghost stories, English version of the Twighlight Zone. It was on Saturday nights I believe.

One of the episodes was about a women who's child dies and then she keeps hearing and seeing it, and the father doesn't believe her. In the end she dies somehow and then the dad hears the child scream upstairs.

Another one was about some twin girls (i think) and maybe one was dead but we didn't know that until the end. And it might be the one where some one hangs themselves.

Anyone know what this programme was, tales of the unexpected type programme. Might have even been a remake of something (not sure why I think that though) Pretty sure it was on BBC1 about 10 -12 years ago. Any ideas?

Regards,
    Dezza

Re: 90's - Mystery / Ghost / Unexplained Series

FYi - this was a British show and I think it may have been based on Tales Of The Unexpected!

Comment

ahh i think i might be trying to think of the same one...
      i remember some show and i'm sure it was called 'ghosts' or something and was on in the 90's and had weird stories.
      i remember in one episode it was about a man who was in prison and he could leave his body at night and he would use his ghost to go and get revenge on people and then one time he had a heart attack or something in prison and couldnt get back to his body in time...
      i cant really remember the other episodes but i cant find this programme anywhere!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moooo44 View Post
        ahh i think i might be trying to think of the same one...
        i remember some show and i'm sure it was called 'ghosts' or something and was on in the 90's and had weird stories.
        i remember in one episode it was about a man who was in prison and he could leave his body at night and he would use his ghost to go and get revenge on people and then one time he had a heart attack or something in prison and couldnt get back to his body in time...
        i cant really remember the other episodes but i cant find this programme anywhere!!!
        I remember that one, but I can remember the others in the series, one with a soldier who drowned in WWII & another with someone experimenting with white magic to find a lover.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think the name of this show was 'Chiller', I'm certain that Martin Clunes played the father of the ghostly baby mentioned in the first post. I vaguely remember watching a trailer for that very episode and it put the frighteners on me so I didn't even try watching the full thing!

Comment

That's the one - very disturbing intro, if I remember, like an Aphex Twin video.

There's an episode on Youtube, in 5 parts.

Part one here:
            YouTube - CHILLER (1/5) The Man Who Didnt Believe In Ghosts
            The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
            Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
            X