Cartoon with Birmingham accented characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoon with Birmingham accented characters

Hi there! I've been trying to find reference to this cartoon for ages. Here's what I remember:

The characters were little goblin type creatures living underground. I think they were pale with purple spots or blobs on them. There was a big nasty dragon chap who always seemed to be sleeping. I also remember them trying to escape and I think they got away once, floating in a big bubble (?!). But the most memorable part to me was the fact that they had brummy accents. Am sure of it. And there was a definite comedy aspect to it.

It could be that they were part of another, bigger program, like My Little Pony or something, I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

I've asked so many people and nobody remembers them, so am beginning to think that I made them up!

Thanks a million!

hippy

Re: Cartoon with Birmingham accented characters

Its not Chorlton and The Wheelies is it? He talked a bit daft!! No offence, Brummies!! LOL!
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Comment

I think Chrolton had a Lancashire accent, Teejay

But still may be the show hippy is thinking of.

Comment

hehe-- have just googled Chorlton and the Wheelies and found a youtube intro. No, it's not them. But they looked cool! lol. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Insektors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long shot this, but there were plenty of UK accents in the UK dub. It was a brilliant show too.

Comment

Working...
          X