Tiny Tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Tears

At the time, Tiny Tears dolls were high-tech must-haves for any little girl looking to play Mom. But looking back, it was actually pretty creepy! Palitoy's H2O-seeping creation was so innovative that it won the company a Toy Of The Year award. At the time, no other plastic doll had the power to pee its pants and cry real-life tears, so this was a real innovation. And when we later had the option of buying one of those milk bottles that had 'disappearing' liquid in it, we really were in doll heaven. Maybe Palitoy should re-release Tiny Tears as a contraceptive device!For the boys seeking a bot of responsibility (and there were a few), there was Timmy Tears - a chunky boy version of Tiny, complete with male 'bits'. Later still, other toy brands jumped on the bandwagon releasing Fisher Price Bonnie (her eyes followed you around the room), Rainbow Baby Talk (who gurgled nonsense at you), Hornby Hush-A-Bye (slept, woke, then cried, over and over again), and perhaps the freakiest of all, Hasbro's Oopsie Daisy (which crawled, fell over then crawled again in something of a zombie style).For girls, these lifelike dolls were the stuff of dreams; for boys the stuff of nightmares...

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Tiny Tears

My sister had an Oopsie Daisy, when it fell over & started crying it looked like it was having a fit.

My sister also had a simply crying doll that didn't like it's dummy taken out. I remember the crying for both dolls sounded almost the same.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Tiny Tears

I still have my Tiny Tears from when I was about 7. She was the one that wet itself and drank from a bottle.
      She is a bit battered and a bit ugly, but I still love her!
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
      X