When toy guns were fine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When toy guns were fine...

I was going to hand the win to Emmetman for the FN, but it has to be a tie between that, Secret Sam and the ever loving Johnny Seven.

Is the Johnny Seven as cool as it looks? I only heard of it on recent years.

Comment

On my estate we had about 5 kids who all had the same gun. It was a machine gun, similar to an M60, with a bipod on the front o stabilize it, and it didn't actually fire anything, but had red plastic spiky bits that replicated muzzle flash. There was a little handle on the side which you pulled back, as if to **** it, then when you pulled the trigger it made a wicked machine gun noise and kicked and everything. Loved that stupid thing when I was 11, but I have no idea what it was called so I can't provide a picture.

Any help?
      Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by ridski View Post
        On my estate we had about 5 kids who all had the same gun. It was a machine gun, similar to an M60, with a bipod on the front o stabilize it, and it didn't actually fire anything, but had red plastic spiky bits that replicated muzzle flash. There was a little handle on the side which you pulled back, as if to **** it, then when you pulled the trigger it made a wicked machine gun noise and kicked and everything. Loved that stupid thing when I was 11, but I have no idea what it was called so I can't provide a picture.

Any help?
        Marx burp gun?

http://www.storeplay.net/oscommerce/...536f997f7b8e2f
        Heather

Comment

What's happened to this forum? Every thread seems to mention guns these days!
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Ooh ooh ooh I just remembered I had another gun (quick write it down here before you forget, mr mint).
            I can't remember what it looked like but it made a sort of rattling noise while the trigger was being pulled and stopped when it was pressed fully - I guess it was supposed to be a machine gun sound. You'd have to pump the trigger repeatedly to get the sound to keep going.
            There must've been sort flint wheel inside because it also made sparks in the barrel.
            I think.

Can anyone suggest its name or find a picture?

Edit: it didn't look like the one above.

Comment

Oh, the sparks in the barrel! Yes, I remember this too!

Comment

Collectible vintage war toys, Army Guns and toy Machine Guns.

Look at these babies!

Politically incorrect toy find - the Cong Buster! With full days water supply! My wozzit.

Comment

197o's sparking ray guns.
                  Attached Files
                  Heather

Comment

OMGosh, I'm sure my brother had this exact Rambo one

Attached Files
                    Heather

Comment

Great pics huggie!

But the gun that came vaguely into my mind after Fearmint mentioned the sparks wasn't any in the photos. It was a bit like that M16 one but the little window was bigger in relation to the rifle. Not sure if the sparks were real or infact little red lights.

Hmm. (My gun memories are more in the order of the kind I started the thread with. Water pistols, pop-guns and spud guns. )

Comment

YouTube - Vintage Marx Machine Gun 50 Cal US Army Toy w/ Box
                        YouTube - Mattel Tommy Burst TV commercial 1960s!

Still haven't found my ping-pong ball bazooka, yet..
                        "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Oh ping pong guns. Remember getting a pair on a school trip. A girl threatened to tell on us for having them.

So we shot her.

Comment

Thanks huggie! You're a genius and a star! it's all flooding back now

And, crikey, I had a ping pong ball gun too! I don't remember having so many guns! I'm not a gun person. Well, not now anyway I just had a flash of memory from the dim and distant past of shooting ping pong balls at my brother until he cried.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                              Marx burp gun?

Storeplay.net
                              No... Not that old. i think it was called the KickFire, but I can't find anything with that on Google.
                              Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Still haven't found my bazooka.

But I've stumbled across this forgotten one, which my cousin had.
                                Metropolis Toys

Not very effective...
                                "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Working...
                                X