eighties ? mini gangland drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eighties ? mini gangland drama

I seem to remember an eighties east end gangland drama that was on 4 - 8 episodes long. The only things i remember about it was that it concerned two fellas that were in their early twenties and were both 'hard and ruthless' gangsters, but the twist was that one was gay (he kept this hidden) and fancied his mate, but never told him. Pretty sure it ended up with the straight one being shot and killed on his doorstep. Thats all i have (i did think it was called The Firm but can find nothing on the internet about it)

Hope someone can help.

Re: eighties ? mini gangland drama

Originally posted by patdcfc View Post
    I seem to remember an eighties east end gangland drama that was on 4 - 8 episodes long. The only things i remember about it was that it concerned two fellas that were in their early twenties and were both 'hard and ruthless' gangsters, but the twist was that one was gay (he kept this hidden) and fancied his mate, but never told him. Pretty sure it ended up with the straight one being shot and killed on his doorstep. Thats all i have (i did think it was called The Firm but can find nothing on the internet about it)

Hope someone can help.
    There's a show called The Long Firm about a gay gangster in the 60s, but that came out in 2004. Here's a brief episode guide.

Mark Strong plays Harry Starks a homosexual gangster in 1960s London .

Episode 1 ) Harry and his new boyfriend travel to Nigeria to pull off a scam
    Episode 2 ) Harry tries to set up a club while his new boyfriend Tommy has a sexual relationship with starlet Ruby Ryder
    Episode 3 ) A rent boy is found murdered and mutilated so Harry tries to track down his killers
    Episode 4 ) Newly released from prison Harry tries to start a new life in Spain with a limp wristed criminologist

I doubt this is the one, but it does match the description a little. The only other East End gangster series from the 80s I can remember is Fox, with Peter Vaughan and Ray Winstone, but I don't remember a gay character in that one...
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Re: eighties ? mini gangland drama

Hi,

Newbie here with an answer!

This sounds like 'The Fear' to me. Starred Iain Glen and Jessie Birdsall. I loved this on transmission, and I believe it's either available now or soon will be, on DVD.

Comment

Working...
      X