First computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddybennet
    My first computer was an Acorn Electron, which we had for years until we got an Olivetti 8086 - 64kb of RAM and a 5MB HDD! It wasn't until I was in the 6th form that we progressed to a 486: shows how old I am!
    Eddybennet - from your post I reckon I can guess your age... erm... 32! Right?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Ouch!

Still, the kids I teach at school guess higher than that a lot of the time, so not bad

Comment

My first memory of a computer was of a Binatone TV Master MK 10... it was one of those pong machines that came in a lovely orange casing and pluged into the back of the tv.
        This is the machine i had:

For more info on it:
        http://www.old-computers.com/museum/...sp?st=3&c=1038

Ah memories :-)

Comment

ZX-80.. yes, I was that cutting edge...

Swiftly followed by ZX-81, then a Dragon 32.

Comment

this is what i had. A true classic.
            Attached Files
            Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

My first computer was a Dragon 32...

It seems so strange that most of my childhood memories consisted of playing games on a Dragon 32 and ZX Spectrum +2, but nearly all of the people I talk to online have never even heard of them, because they weren't around in America...

Comment

my first one was an amiga 500 in 88/89 and then a NES. Still have them. my amiga is somewhere in loft but my nes is still plugged in! plug and play, what a phrase.

Comment

I'm another ZX81 guy although I did have a Atari VCS before that (but that's not a proper computer). My sister actually bought it for me and it's still around, wobbly RAM pack 'n all.

Best ZX81 game - Mazogs

Wil

Comment

Mine was the old rubber keyed speccy

Comment

I had an Atari 2600, which is technically a console if you want to be picky, then it was the good old Commodore Vic 20, with a 32k expansion pack - I thought I was the mutt's.

The Vic 20 got broken though, sadly. It died from interference from my next door neighbour's Flymo (believe it or not!)

Comment

Originally posted by danrak
                        what was your first computer experience?

http://www.techsupportforum.com
                        I too also started on the atari 2600 (though a console) but my first computer I would have to say it was a pet at school then a vic-20 I used to write little programs on them and save them to a floppy. Then I upgraded to a commodore 64.
                        Last edited by mrbig; 30-08-2005, 17:06.

Comment

The Commodore 64 was my first computer - superb in its day - some of the games are still great fun to play even now! and thanks to the emulation sites on the net like TCZ you can still play them on a PC or Mac. Great stuff!

Comment

First computer

I had an old speccy which I had to turn the huge old b/w telly off while the games were loading as I didn't have enough plug sockets for tape recorder, TV, speccy etc. You can imagine my fury after loading a two tape game to realise when the TV was turned on at the end it crashed half way through tape 1.
                            MMM, how I miss those days (Right)
                            And there was the whole kafuffle of trading copied games on a C90 tape.....

Comment

remember my first computer was a commodore vic20, then i moved over to a commodore 16, then i got a commodore 64 then a commodore plus/4, god how i miss the old days of tape drives, and the real blocky graphics (sweet)

Comment

My first was a Speccy 48k spent many a time entering data, and having to press four or five keys at the same time to get the right letter/command, and after 24 hours of none stop data entry manage to have a really nasty picture of a union jack flapping in the wind. Or waiting for about 20 mins for a game to load, only to have the TAPE ERROR appear on the screen and having to rewind the tape, adjust the volume, by a millimetre and try again. Went high tect and got a speccy 128k with built in tape deck, then went ultra high tect and got a speccy 128+3 with built in floppy.

Comment

Working...
                                X