Letraset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letraset

Was going to make a thread about these.Read the first post and thought these were the ones i remembered,but dont think they are.The ones i recal were the fold out type but were not so cartoon type stye.The one i remember was like a scene from a western,with all the red rocks in wierd shapes,but the transferes were of cowboys and not in a cartoon style.I know these were for kids but does any one know if they made a more adult version?

Comment

The set you're thinking of was the 'Wild West' Panorama from 1965. In the early version the figures were all in just one colour (black), but they were colourised later — rather oddly. The graphic design is fantastic, so much so that kids preferred the less well-designed later versions — alas. However, we will be bringing out sets aimed more at adults, hopefully next year, including Art Action Transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Letraset View Post
        The set you're thinking of was the 'Wild West' Panorama from 1965. In the early version the figures were all in just one colour (black), but they were colourised later — rather oddly. .
        My interest was very much with the early one-colour Waddington Panorama scenes. (though some had all black and all white)
        The Lunar Base, the Wild West, Pirate Island etc., I had just about them all, but those those there were, for me, the best.
        As so ably recorded by your Splat member at
        Waddington Panoramas - Adventure

The fewer (larger) transfers in the later versions seemed to offer less room for flexibility/creativity, and even more so those where different sized figures dictated perpective and almost location.

It might be heresy, but perhaps nowadays a version with re-usable vinyl stickers?
        "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Some of StellarX' scanned Panoramas at 7 Wonders are his, & some are mine. Co-incidentally, today I received from the US a 2nd unused copy of Wild West & Sea Battle (which I will be forwarding to another member after scanning) & my all-time favourite — Lunar Base. The Lunar Base is unfortunately partly-used, but there are just over half the transfers still on their sheets, & I think that may be enough for me to finally recreate the full set (thanks to a couple of other used copies I already have). So we are now at last in a position to reproduce the original 5 monochrome Panoramas — plus Haunted Graveyard, by popular demand. I was lucky enough to be given the reproduction rights, & it will be the 'inheritors' of the original company who actually produce the transfers. Better than vinyl, I think! Don't hold your breath, though; it will still take quite some time to organise…

Comment

So we are now at last in a position to reproduce the original 5 monochrome Panoramas
            Oh wow. I'd be in the market for at least a couple of each, pretty certainly.
            In due course: after all this time, I can wait.

"Better than vinyl, I think!"
            I agree, personally, but I was having a mind to what might market these days, beyond nostalgic collectors. (Or even be easier to produce)

Comment

Let's hope 10,000 other people feel the same way!

Comment

Let's hope 10,000 other people feel the same way!
                How about a mini on-line version with drag-and-drop "transfers" as an advert? Maybe not, I might get addicted.

I first met Letraset figures I think, free with Weetabix(?), a very small Moonscape(?)
                Last edited by Emettman; 23-12-2009, 10:52. Reason: Spelling

Comment

The online version is an idea we've had in mind for years, but it will have to wait until action-transfers.com is ready.

As for the Weetabix Moonscape… that rings no bells. Can you give me any other clues? I don't want to prejudice you by making some possible suggestions, so you'll just have to work it out for yourself for now! For instance… what cereals did you used to eat? What is the earliest & the latest it could have been? Etc…

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS
                    from the Lunar Base Reclamation Initiative

As you can see, work is in progress & is going quite well; although we are still at the "identification of artefacts" stage.

Comment

Letraset action transfers

Does anyone else remember Letraset Action Transfer packs?

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/atranges.html

You'd spend ages rubbing away with a biro on the backing sheet, pressing on too hard, then the stickers wouldn't come off properly and you'd lose the small parts like swords and feet.

I think there were also free give-away versions in cereal boxes too.

Comment

I'm actually "Letraset" under a new name, because for some reason this website has left out that vital link which all decent Forums should include: the "forgotten your password?" link. Anyway… the reason for this post is to let you know that the Lunar Base Reclamation Initiative has accomplished its 10-year mission, & you can see this Panorama here:
                        http://www.action-transfers.com/html...unarbase.shtml

And essentially all the Letraset you could ever hope to look at are at action-transfers.com — which it seems I never got round to telling you lot about before…

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderbat View Post
                          I'm actually "Letraset" under a new name, because for some reason this website has left out that vital link which all decent Forums should include: the "forgotten your password?" link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	password.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	259978
                          Heather

Comment

Like I mentioned in the food section Letraset is one product that seems to be around long after home desktop publishing has become affordable.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes, which is a shame as I loved using Letraset for cassette covers and stuff.. great memories.
                              Just not the same using Fonts & Clipart

Excellent stuff! brings back many happy memories

Comment

Not strictly letraset, but..

Comment

Working...
                                X