Letraset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letraset

Does anyone remember MINI TOONS, they were made by LETRASET and were small cartoon sceens with the rub down transfers, also the large transfer sets, the background was about three feet wide, folding into three, then there was a large sheet of transfer, that you had to rub with a pen to get them to stick to the back ground, I remember a space theme and knights,There was also a batman one on the back of shredded wheat

No but I do remember Kalkitos which were posters with transfers to be rubbed on - most of which went on schoolbooks, copies, etc.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

YES!
      I remember the space themed ones the best, the combatants (Black and white) had backpacks with an extra pair of arms IIRC.
      The later "Batman" letrasets were better drawn and in colour.

Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Clive.

Comment

I used to get small (A5-ish landscape format) books on different subjects that had came with a sheet of transfers and scene in the centre spread to put them on. Had quite a few of those over the years (early - mid 70s).

I was always a big fan of transfers, always gravatating towards any cereal packet that had some as a givaway

I've still got a (very poorly made) money box from woodwork at school that's covered with 1977 Star Wars transfers.

Comment

I do STU no pun intended?

Originally posted by stu
          Does anyone remember MINI TOONS, they were made by LETRASET and were small cartoon sceens with the rub down transfers, also the large transfer sets, the background was about three feet wide, folding into three, then there was a large sheet of transfer, that you had to rub with a pen to get them to stick to the back ground, I remember a space theme and knights,There was also a batman one on the back of shredded wheat
          I've been trying to find these all my life, I bought them when I was 7 or 8, I think, albeit the dates dont stack back to when they came out in 1970, Id have been four and I defintely wasnt four when I bought them, so unless another series came out later around 1972/73 Im confused.

This is what your after my boy, all in glorious technicolour.

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/atsetsmt.html

I know Im good ?

PS Even better click on each mini toon, I couldnt believe it, all the memories came flooding back.

BlueITagain

PPS Does anyone remember collecting TUDOR crisp packets to collect pin on butterflies ?, I remember going through the playground rummagaing for every packet, any photos anyone?

Comment

Memories
            I remember the Action Transfers better..hours of fun.
            Last edited by sixtyten; 07-12-2008, 16:35.

Comment

Oh yes mini toons i was trying to remembe rwhat they were called, used to love them as a kids, cartoons almost, i had a doctor who set from weetabix too, star trek also.

Comment

Hi guys!!

I loved Letraset Action Transfers, with the orange fold out background (Diorama Style) and the large sheet of rub down transfers had many of them in the late 1970's..i remember many War themed ones being obssessed with War I had a great American Civil War one, A Somme Battlefield, a World War One Dogfight, A Spanish Armada one and loads of space Battle ones, also remember well the Star Wars ones and ones you got free with 'Ready Brek' Cereal'? lol.. i loved those transfers..can you still get such a thing?

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Comment

I had a Return if the Jedi set, from a cereal box, maybe ready break, me and Momma were only talking about the glow in the old ready break ads today too. My kids have had similar stuff, but not as good as the ones we had as kids......same story again with most things/toys we had.

Comment

Another thing I have not seen since childhood is those thick plastic cards with a striped texture..there never seemed to be a name for them in the 70's.
                    Now I know they are called Lenticular images.you remember them..as you moved the card,the image moved too. nowadays they use them for movie posters and advertising (the last one I saw was the Persil Happy Feet promo on bus shelters and the Ghost rider promo poster)..
                    They were always given away with cereals,etc..
                    Maybe they still are,but I don't buy cereal anymore ;(
                    Last edited by sixtyten; 06-01-2007, 03:13.

Comment

The lenticular cards? where you moved them one way to show a different image, or movement?

Comment

Re: Letraset

Loved the transfer sets. War ones and Star Wars ones were great.

But I also remember these Kevin Keegan ones. They were quite small, and for about 15-25p in newsagents, and folded out into the backdrop of Keven Keegan's greatest goals. You got a sheet of transfers containing about 7-8 players and a ball and then you did yer transfer stuff!!! Hurrah. I had all 8 (if memory serves, it was a series of eight).

...Jamo

Comment

Yes I remember those now, had hours of fun with them!

Comment

I remember a series of tranfers where you could recreate footballing scenes by sticking down tranfers of players onto a blank pitch.

The main problem though was that the tranfers never seemed to stick down evenly, leading to wrinkes & tears.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had the 3 Star wars scenes that you could collect. If my memory serves me well they were Mos Eisley spaceport, the Death Star Hangar and the Rebel base on Yavin. There were also some freebies given away with Shreddies.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X