Clear All

• RIP Michael Jackson

June 25th 2009

Micheal Jackson has died aged 50,I have to say I am truly shocked

R.I.P
    Last edited by stevef; 26-06-2009, 08:40. Reason: typo
    Heather

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

I think we probably all grew up listening to Michael Jackson and watching his cool video clips, though i havn't heard much about him the last couple of years. Can't say that i'm totally shocked by the news but it is still very sad.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Rest in peace Michael.

Comment

Whilst perhaps not a 'surprise', nevertheless its still a shock to the system to hear he's actually gone

Loved the early stuff...I Want You Back; Never Can Say Goodbye et al; then the late 70's Jackson 5 stuff (esp Can You Feel It), his solo stuff late 70's early 80's when I was in my mid-teens and 'discovering' girls ...then of course Thriller, which we all stayed up to watch on Channel 4

RIP
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Love him or loathe him, he was a legend in our lifetime !

RIP Michael Jackson
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Very sad news.

Thriller came out about the time I was getting into music so he meant a fair bit to me.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Very sad to hear this news. I loved much of his music and he made some amazing videos. The Earthsong one was astounding. And there was another one I recall being fascinated by. Michael was sort of lounging around semi-clothed and half covered in towels. There was a pretty female in the video too. Anyone tell me which song this accompanied?

Comment

I was never the biggest Michael Jackson fan but I was totally stunned at the news last night. I love the Jackson 5 songs and Michael's solo stuff really is the stuff of legend and recognised the world over. I agree with the previous post and Michael's Earthsong track, I remember watching this on TOTP and being completely blown away.

As a general fan of music I can honestly say we'll never see another performer like that man.

RIP Michael.

Comment

Not really a fan and not really shocked he's gone.Feel sorry for kids.Think press have gone OTT though.Everytime I have posted my opinon today,I have been shouted down for it,I know Im not the only one who thinks this either.

tulip

Comment

Such a shock. :cry:
                    I grew up with his music as he is a similar age to me and have been a lifelong fan.
                    I was a bit more concerned about his private life, but I consider that a seperate thing.

My favourite era was The Jackson Five one as I am a huge Motown fan anyway, but his Thriller and Bad era was also brilliant.

Thank you for the music, Michael.
                    RIP.

sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

:cry: Shocking. I'm a BIG fan. Went to see him twice at Wembley (Dangerous and History tours). Had tickets for the o2 gigs.

Very sad. Chamone..... :cry:
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
                        Not really a fan and not really shocked he's gone.Feel sorry for kids.Think press have gone OTT though.Everytime I have posted my opinon today,I have been shouted down for it,I know Im not the only one who thinks this either.

tulip
                        It's one of those shocks that just doesn't seem possible. There were songs I liked (loved even), some that never registered, and material that I have yet to hear. Whilst I am not in shock over his sad death, I certainly don't dismiss it out of hand - his was an immense talent that sadly got submerged beneath public and commercial aspects that demanded his attention for too long. One thing that was shown on the news was a sketch he had done of Peter Pan - I had no idea that he could draw like that - another aspect that he could have gone into had he lived.

I agree that the press have gone overboard, since they feel compelled to go over everything, or rather, their definition of everything. As a result, I cannot help but feel disgusted with the press for mentioning 'Wacko Jacko' in their news items - as with anything the press does nowadays, there is a perverse leering nature to their coverage. ITN in particular couldn't make its mind up what to do with the story. Now that a few days have passed, the gutter press are starting up - grotesque.

Comment

Here here (or is it hear hear?) Flinty. I totally agree. Although a "perverse leering nature" is something I've always looked for in a man... LOL!!!

T x
                          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                            Here here (or is it hear hear?) Flinty. I totally agree. Although a "perverse leering nature" is something I've always looked for in a man... LOL!!!

T x
                            That explains the avatar!

It is a shame that it has taken the man's death for people to actually get back to discussing his music and showmanship. I get the whole 'King of Pop' thing, I really do, but I cannot help but feel that a new definition may have to come along - in recent years, various genre labels have taken on negative connotations (easy listening for example, isn't something that inspires much enthusiasm, but most people would put Frank Sinatra in that area).

Hopefully, when the media frenzy has dissipated, we will see some proper tributes, instead of the thrown together hack items we have seen. If I had been near a TV studio, I would have actually walked in, demanding to see just who let Martin 'No I really am a journalist' Bashir onto the tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                              If I had been near a TV studio, I would have actually walked in, demanding to see just who let Martin 'No I really am a journalist' Bashir onto the tribute.
                              I know!! How DARE he get involved. He treated MJ appallingly. Boo, hisss....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X