Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very strange surreal tv drama - with Spencer Banks!! But what was it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange surreal tv drama - with Spencer Banks!! But what was it?

All I can remember is that SPENCER BANKS of TIMESLIP fame and others, played a character plagued by a vision or a dream that when he was in bed, he would wake to find the DEVIL sat ON his bed staring at him, I recall it being VERY unnerving for the time(1970-72)
    PLUS another VISUAL & VERY Horrific image that was in the play/drama, was that the character had another vision/dream of a scene where folks were going to have their hands severed - willingly - sort of sacrificial ?

Odd - and the two recollections are vivid and the rest of the drama is a bit vague .....

It was a TV UK Drama but I do not know any more I have done much research on this but at the moment come up with a fat ZERO!

BBC OR ATV - I THINK IT WAS ON BBC2...but unsure.....like I said around 1970/2

So I joined DYR - and I hope to find a link, plus I want to share loads of Retro stuff anyway, so hello everyone ,seems a nice place.
    sigpic
    Don't worry Cheryl....
    I'll catch you if you slip!

Re: Very strange surreal tv drama - with Spencer Banks!! But what was it?

The Drama you are thinking of was a Play for Today called 'Penda's Fen', like you say it was very strange.

Comment

Re: Very strange surreal tv drama - with Spencer Banks!! But what was it?

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
      The Drama you are thinking of was a Play for Today called 'Penda's Fen', like you say it was very strange.

Thanks, I even remember the title now you mentioned it, cheers thats been a long standing one on my mind for years.
      sigpic
      Don't worry Cheryl....
      I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Working...
      X