Topo Gigio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topo Gigio

This small, endearing mouse started out on Italian TV in a children's puppet show (hence the cute Italian accent), but was picked up on by Ed Sullivan's weekly US TV show and made hugely popular in the 70s. Topo Gigio was voiced by actor Giuseppe Mazzullo. The mouse not only made it on to TV, but also into magazines and cartoons, plus a pile of mouse-inspired merchandising. He was even mentioned in the hit film Being John Malkovich. He is still a massive cult star in Italy, which goes to show that having big ears doesn't always hold you back!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Topo Gigio

I remember Topo Gigio from UK variety shows on television in the seventies. The 'human' presenter, a kind of straight man, stood beside him and would engage him in conversation. I can see this British actor's face quite clearly in my mind's eye but I can't for the life of me remember his name! Wiki and and other sites don't seem to help.

Comment

Ahh yes as a kid I used to love to see Topo Gigio on Sunday night at the London Palladium, a cheeky little mouse who used to get all embarrassed when love was mentioned

Although I cant find a clip from the palladium heres a couple of black and white clips from 1974 thats shows how cute he was

YouTube - Topo Gigio e Raffaella Carrą "Raindrops Keep Fallin On My"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rTCZj6cPE
      Last edited by ZARDOZ; 28-06-2009, 23:45.

Comment

Great pics, ZARDOZ.

I've remembered the name of the English actor who worked with Topo at the London Palladium and elsewhere. It was Alan Cuthbertson.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          Great pics, ZARDOZ.

I've remembered the name of the English actor who worked with Topo at the London Palladium and elsewhere. It was Alan Cuthbertson.
          Very well remembered MB, racking my brains to remember who he was , im still looking for some footage of him and Topo at the palladium, sadly its very rare, but I have seen some ages ago, the hunt goes on..................

Comment

Aah I remember him, he was really cute, especially when he went all shy.
            Well done MB for remembering the chap he was with. I would never have got that.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
            X