Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Originally posted by Daz View Post
    I see theres an unopened Crunchie,Turkish Delight and Picnic for sale on Ebay at the mo.
    I bet if you look at the feedback, it will be the person who won that boxed set i posted a while back, flogging them
    Yeah I saw those, be interesting to see if it is the same buyer!
    Heather

Comment

I checked them against the original box picture. There are the same ones

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
        Hmm, on the subject of things not tasting the same ... some might say that your taste buds change over time e.g. when I was a kid i hated coffee and lager, but now 'hey presto!' I love em. I think things are different nowadays though what with restrictions on E numbers and flavourings and all that other bad stuff that made our beloved sweets taste so good.

I had some palma violets the other day and they tasted the same as ever ... god awful!
        I have to say that of all the things that I had has a kid, the only thing that tastes the same now is Palma Violets.
        Last edited by Heather74; 17-01-2008, 23:17.
        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
          Early 70's Trebor Monsters chews..(I loved these!!)

That brings back memories of the infants school (1976-78) we would get our little bottles of milk then we got some sweets, I can remember often getting these chews, I used to like to get one with the shark on.
          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
            more memories

Had totally forgotten these..
            Bazooka coupons/vouchers, I haven't seen them in years. I can remember me and my mates getting stuff with them, kites, footballs.
            Last edited by sixtyten; 17-01-2008, 23:33.

Comment

I LOVED Nutty bars!
              Me too. I wish there was a picture of one on here. They were in a brown plastic/see through wrapper, with the word NUTTY in gold/orangey? coloured writing if my memory serves me right.

Comment

Your memory is spot on

Comment

No worries..i mean its not the 70's Nutty bar that was mentioned, looks like a Us or European shallow imitation.
                  The Nutty was a thick roll of soft toffee rolled in peanuts, so they covered the whole surface. nearest thing around today in the US Payday bar..
                  That's it, although I knew it to be in a different wrapper, whoo that's a blast from the past.

Comment

We used to have a similiar bar in New Zealand but it was caleld "nut roll" - and it was delicious !

Comment

When I was a kid in the 70's in NZ we used to have these sweets called Jumping Jupiters - they were bright orange and looked like granuals. When you put them in your mouth they used to fiz pop and explode inside your mouth. They were amazing and a real craze. Everybody was into them. Then suddenly they were withdrawn as a health risk - something to do with the carbon dioxide or something that was in them. Was there ever similiar sweets in England in the 70's or early 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
                        In think you can still get Fry's chocolate cream origonal-ish and the green mint one? Oh please bring back the Frys Five Centres one, I used to buy those regularly they were delishous.
                        Yes you can still get those frys chocolae bars - sainsbury still sell them in mulitpacks

Comment

I buy one every morning on the way to work

Comment

Originally posted by Rapanui View Post
                            When I was a kid in the 70's in NZ we used to have these sweets called Jumping Jupiters - they were bright orange and looked like granuals. When you put them in your mouth they used to fiz pop and explode inside your mouth. They were amazing and a real craze. Everybody was into them. Then suddenly they were withdrawn as a health risk - something to do with the carbon dioxide or something that was in them. Was there ever similiar sweets in England in the 70's or early 80's

We had something called Space Dust. This came in a sachet and was basically dust that pop and crackled in your mouth. I think I can remember people saying about avoiding drinking fizzy drinks at the same time has eating this Space Dust. The health and safety lot go too far sometimes, millions of kids (me included) eat Space Dust (Jumping Jupiter's) and nothing happened to us.

Comment

Many thanks for this Fatboy - this was something I have been wondering about for years !!

Comment

• Hiya you can still buy space dust in the UK, different flavours too, if you want to get some for old times sake its called Fizz Wiz You can also get it inside little coloured chocolate balls.

Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X