Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defunct sweets?

The black ones were yucky though, always threw mine away Tropical fruit pastelles whatever next. Spearmint opal fruits? Pacers, i don't see why the name shave to be changed, Marathon, Opal fruits......?

Comment

not really to do with sweets, but can anyone else remember macdonalds doing root beer, funny tcp tasting stuff it was???
      Heather

Comment

i do, and rather liked it to be honest

Comment

I loved MacDonalds Root Beer,and was shocked when I ordered it once,to be told "we haven't sold that for years"

Yes..it was liquid TCP/Germoline

Comment

Well bring it back Mac's........something different, it tasted a bit like Dr peppers too though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
              The black ones were yucky though,
              I love the black ones, my nana used to buy me a quarter of midget gems on pension day and either a quarter of kop kops or liquorice tablets. Think it was passed on from birth coz my mam had cravings for liquorice when she was having me.
              "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Ahhh Kop kops loved those!!! along with cola and pinapple cubes.Yum yum.
                Heather

Comment

Pineapple cubes yummy, Barley sugar sticks, proper lucky bags, floral gums.......

Comment

They still sell kola kubes in my corner shop, and cherry lips and grannies old fashioned herbals.
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

More vintage packaging
                      Attached Files

Comment

I love Fry's Turkish delight, and peppermint cream, yummy scrummy

Comment

George Lazenby, one off Bond, did the adverts for th fry's bars.....

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                            George Lazenby, one off Bond, did the adverts for th fry's bars.....
                            Was he in the one in the desert, in the sand dune with that man and the two women?

Comment

Think so, he was known as the Fry's man before 007 beckoned.

Comment

wow - I didn't know that, used to have a crush on him in that advert and also on the milk tray man!

Comment

Working...
                                X