Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Wow! Thanks ayrshireman. I would love them to bring it back.

Comment

I seem to remember one called Gorgon, which was like a WHAM bar but green with grey bits in it?

Comment

There are a few threads that mention Gorgo bars, here's one

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=green+bits

There was a picture here hopefully the OP still has it https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=gorgo+bars
        Heather

Comment

I do
          will dig it out

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Knight View Post
            I seem to remember one called Gorgon, which was like a WHAM bar but green with grey bits in it?
            My Mum didn't like me eating them, due to the possible high level of E numbers, & what appeared to be grit in it.

There was an tropical bar in the same range, mango flavor IIRC. One of my friends managed to get some stuck in a carpet at his house!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              I do
              will dig it out

Nice one I did find a small one but yours is bound to be better

Click to enlarge (slightly ;p)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	260465
              Heather

Comment

My pic is worse than yours H

Comment

Oh that's a shame, but at least we have some evidence of it on board all be it a bit small.
                  Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                    Oh that's a shame, but at least we have some evidence of it on board all be it a bit small.
                    Nice one

And it's interesting to see it was actually Gorgo, not Gorgon like I thought it was for all these years, I remember buying them from the local Greengrocer/ newsagent/ post office/ off-licence (basically one of those small corner shops that was everything rolled into one!

The kind of shops with potatoes just in sacks on the floor and those really old style freezers that were beige and had two lids on the top (you basically had to climb the thing and then dangle down inside it to get at what you wanted!)

Happy days!

Comment

Spangles
                      Caz.. <3 JD <3

Comment

A Spanish Gold and Toffee Strip here, among others

Comment

Is that rowntrees 'KIX'? ^

1977 Cardbury Yuletide
                          Heather

Comment

Barrett's kix

Comment

Banjo chocolate bar needs to be returned! There is a Facebook Campaign called Bring Back Banjo Chocolate Bar --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...128?ref=stream

Also there is a Petition Page! --> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...nto-production

Even a picture of a vintage 70s Banjo wrapper previously buried in garden

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9831128&type=1
                              Last edited by Beach Life; 01-12-2013, 13:45.

Comment

What a fantastic thread! I have just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours reading through it, listening to the Life On Mars soundtrack. Thank you for some great memories. Some of those photos gave me physical pangs of nostalgia - the Rupert Bear orange candy bar, Magic Roundabout foil covered chocolate bars and Robin Hood Bars are probably my earliest sweet memories, and I had forgotten all about them until now. I also remember Cadburys Buttons easter eggs when the buttons were inside the egg in a brown cellophane packet and chocolate tools, bunnies and kittens for Christmas, along with sweet shops and selection packs in the shape of a stocking. As a slightly older child I thought the Dairy Milk Tray bar was the fanciest chocolate bar in the world, and loved Frys 5 centres (although it was impossible to separate the sections properly and the flavours 'bled' into each other). I also liked the bar with layers of milk, dark and white chocolate and used to bite it sideways to separate the the layers before letting it melt in my mouth. The Weekend box of sweets looked so pretty although I didn't like most of the flavours. Oh, and bring back the Banjo...have signed the petition, thought I was the only one who missed them

Comment

Working...
                                X