Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

your so bad mate.
    teasing me i could only watch a minute of it i started feeling a bit funny.

and yes those wee chocolates in the colour containers in post 1273 where bneautiful and i do remember them so well.
    hope they still taste as good but unlikely if u go by other old sweets that are still around.

Life is a beach.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
    This for all you sweet lovers out there. Watch this........................Life Is Sweets..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00y4hd1/
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Did you know the clip of the following made a limited edition comeback in 2009? I am gutted I didn't know this. As I loved them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_mbn_tu1rlw

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Treets are a brand of confectionery sold by Mars Limited in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, France and Germany.
      The original product consisted of peanuts coated in milk chocolate with an outer shell of dark brown glazed candy, and appeared in the UK in the 1960s; these were later marketed as Peanut Treets, (sold in a yellow packet), together with Toffee Treets (sold in a blue packet) and Chocolate Treets (sold in a brown packet). All three shared the same glazed coating, but the filling of the button-shaped Chocolate Treet consisted solely of the milk chocolate which surrounded the peanut or toffee pellet in the other versions. All three were marketed with the slogan "Melt in your mouth, not in your hand" which was first used in 1967.[1]
      The brand was discontinued by Mars in 1988. Chocolate Treets had already been replaced with the similar Minstrels. Peanut Treets were discontinued in favour of the multi-coloured Peanut M&M's. Toffee Treets were later sold as Relays, before being dropped altogether.
      Mars reintroduced the Peanut Treets brand in the UK, France and Germany in July 2009. Peanut M&Ms continue to be sold in the UK alongside Treets.
      Last edited by Beach Life; 25-11-2012, 13:02.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does anyone on here think that any of the chocolates/sweets etc that you can buy now, that were available 'back in the day' still taste the same as they used to? For me, the only thing that tastes the same as it used to is a Galaxy Ripple, Galaxy chocolate in general. I don't even think that Dairy Milk tastes the same as it used to. It is still yummy though.
        - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
        - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
          Just out of curiosity, does anyone on here think that any of the chocolates/sweets etc that you can buy now, that were available 'back in the day' still taste the same as they used to? For me, the only thing that tastes the same as it used to is a Galaxy Ripple, Galaxy chocolate in general. I don't even think that Dairy Milk tastes the same as it used to. It is still yummy though.
          I'm not sure the Wispa tastes the same didn't it have a more bubbly appearance? (or maybe my taste buds have become fussy), Was Galaxy chocolate more creamy before? I had one recently and it seemed too sweet, Galaxy Ripple is tastier maybe because it is crumblier and not a solid piece? I have Dairy Milk occassionaly and the new Oreo is nice as is the popcorn flavour but "back in the day" I think I hardly ate Dairy Milk (prefered Mars' brands - Galaxy, Treets, Banjo etc and other brands). They should bring the old favourites back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
            Anyone remember these cute chocs think they were around in the eighties. Wonder if they still taste as nice?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3470[/ATTACH]
            I bought a tub in makro and they taste just the same

Comment

Originally posted by Trublu07 View Post
              I bought a tub in makro and they taste just the same
              That's great to know. Who made them or are they made by several brands? I am not a member of Makro so I will try to get some online.

Comment

Just to let you know on on Facebook - Bring Back A Brand Page. They picked three sweets making a comeback. These are Trio's, Toffo and Funny Feet Ice cream. You can "Like" your favourite design. Personally I wanted Cabana, Fish and Chips and Spangles to be picked (and Banjo as a wild card).
                Last edited by Beach Life; 26-11-2012, 13:30.

Comment

Heather

Comment

peppermint patties were great and who remembers toffee treats?they were basically hard toffee minstrels

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of The Great British Tuckshop in the post soon. How sad am I! I'm glad I don't like sweets i.e toffees, space dust, dip dabs except for chocolate (in small doses) otherwise I would be the size of a house

Comment

where peppermint patties not square green and quite hard.

Originally posted by tinydwoodcock View Post
                        peppermint patties were great and who remembers toffee treats?they were basically hard toffee minstrels
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

You can still get Peppermint Patties in the U.S., Canada, Australia & all kinds of other countries.
                          No idea why they don't do them in the U.K.
                          I've imported a few and they're still lovely.
                          However, for the ultimate mint chocolate, I absolutely love Junior Mints (unfortunately not available over here either).

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            where peppermint patties not square green and quite hard.
                            They are round Darren, and quite big,
                            About the same size as the bottom of a drink can.

Comment

Used to love this bubble gum!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	44642_290422904393673_187069695_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	260190
                              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Comment