Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAR BAR the elephant - NOT the cartoon, the CREEPY actors in masks version??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR BAR the elephant - NOT the cartoon, the CREEPY actors in masks version??

This is one that escaspes me as I can find NO link or reference to it, BAR BAR or BARBAR the elephant is now a recognised cartoon, but many years ago (1970's)I watched it on TV, and it was quite different.
    I have a vivid memory of real actors wearing masks, and distinctively, the masks had pin hole eyes and NO MOUTH detail.
    They acted out the program in a mime style.
    The Elephant was just the same with pinhole eyes, and oversized head, the program was overdubbed, and it the actors seem to dressed in Edwardian or Victorian costume.
    Many who saw it were creeped out by it, and it was supposed to be for children.
    But where has this gone?
    I and a mate who is a "Super Surfer" can find nothing, not even 1 pic.
    Just the cartoon.
    ?

sigpic
    Don't worry Cheryl....
    I'll catch you if you slip!

Re: BAR BAR the elephant - NOT the cartoon, the CREEPY actors in masks version??

Timeslipper,
    Barbar with real actors wearing masks WOW!
    sounds like something out of a michel Grondy music video
    or any early Genesis concert
    i don't remember but it sounds great
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Re: BAR BAR the elephant - NOT the cartoon, the CREEPY actors in masks version??

Tele babar

down to the cellar: Live action Babar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=YurZMXn_dRQ
      Heather

Comment

Tele Bar bar.

Missed that for sure!!

Amazing, thank you very much.
        sigpic
        Don't worry Cheryl....

Comment

Much preferred Little Blue myself.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Thanks! All I can think of now is the guy in the pig's head in Saw!

It's like a nightmare - just all a bit perverse. Oh lord, she's picking Babar's nose now!!!

I used to love Babar. This just makes me feel violated.

Now he's boozing!

It's just wrong!

Comment

Oh my God ! I forgot all about this show. It was truly dreadful and as Timeslip says .. definitely a wee bit creepy for kids.

Talking of creepy kids shows has reminded me of another childrens cartoon that was sooooo scary - it was actuallly banned !

Check it out... if you dare..... I bet you sleep with the light on tonite if you do!

YouTube - a very creepy, disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV

Just keep telling yourself... it's only a tv show..it's only a tv show....

Comment

Originally posted by ArchStantonsGhost View Post
                Oh my God ! I forgot all about this show. It was truly dreadful and as Timeslip says .. definitely a wee bit creepy for kids.

Talking of creepy kids shows has reminded me of another childrens cartoon that was sooooo scary - it was actuallly banned !

Check it out... if you dare..... I bet you sleep with the light on tonite if you do!

YouTube - a very creepy, disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV

Just keep telling yourself... it's only a tv show..it's only a tv show....

Very disturbing, but well done, I've ordered it,
                sigpic
                Don't worry Cheryl....

Comment

Working...
                X