• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What ever happened to Hale & Pace?

One of the best comedy sketches ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6VC5gdaFA

Comment

I saw hale and pace on bbc2 on saturday night.They were on a programme at 8.00 pm called: the story of light entertainment.

Comment

It says on Wiki that Norman Pace is doing a lot of theatre work, so he's still around.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I loved their No.1 hit "The Stonk". Great track with some top musos on it like Tommy Iommi, Brian May, Roger Taylor and Cozy Powell.

Sorry for the dreadful quality of the video, but it's still fun to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVIoCahD7yw

Comment

I just checked and it ran from 1988 to 1998.

Iot was a wonderfully funny show.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: What ever happened to...

Originally posted by whitewall66 View Post
              as victor lewis smith said the only double act with two straight men,saw the one without the tash on a sky poker tournament a couple of years ago

I read that review. He also mentioned that they were both in teacher training before the got into comedy. I hope their maths was better than their sense of humour (or lack there of).

Hale and Pace are the kind of comedians that you think are hilarious when you're in single digits but watching them on repeats on UK Gold you soon realise they were pretty terrible. Playground humour that always seemed to get a post-watershed airing.

Comment

Sunday nights were brilliant when Hale and Pace were on - it made you almost forget about school the following morning.

My favourite characters were Billy and Johnny, especially the hospital sketch from series 2, "one skin, two skin, etc"
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Loved Hale & Pace

Was it them with the phrase "Loadsa Money"?
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

No, that was Harry Enfield.

Comment

Oh ok thanks David
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I think Hale and Pace's show occupied the Sunday night Spitting Image slot if memory serves. I can't say I was a big fan. If they were on I would watch them but wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I put them a fair bit higher than Cannon and Ball.

Comment

They occupied that 10.00 pm slot on Sundays that was known for Spitting Image; Clive James/Keith Floyd/Tarrant on TV; The New Statesman; Watching; and TV Squash (satirical series from 1992). Hale and Pace was always on before The South Bank Show and on Central at least, Prisoner: Cell Block H.

No wonder I was tired and kept yawning on Monday mornings at school.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Hale and Pace eqauled such an amazing crazy funny double act I thought

Easily they are one of the 1990s stand-out double acts, with no doubt I think - making them pure TV Gold

80sChav

Comment

I recommend series 2 episode 3 of Hale and Pace (TX: Sunday 15th October 1989) - it is the funniest one of the lot.

It contains the Coca-Cola advert parody; the Guide Cat one; the "Little Joshie did a pee-pee" one; and of course, the Billy and Johnny hospital sketch. Excellent.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

one two drip on my shoe, three four not any more
                                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X