Fisher Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher Price

Do you guys remember those old Fisher Price sets like the Castle, Farm, Neighborhood, Parking Garage, Western town, Zoo, etc.? They had the think plastic Peg People that came in tall for adult and short for kids? My oldest kids adored them growing up. Especially the western town that came complete with stagecoach, wagon, and horses. They would lead the brave Peg-shaped cowboy into the saloon and then they would proceed to beat up the bad guy inside untill he was forced to hop out of the building and hop into his old green wagon where he was chased down by the Indians.

Or how about Disney's Darkwing Duck Smoke Gun? Pour vegetable oil into the back and let her rip. The gun did a good impersonation of a dying cow noise while spewing smoke and the worst odor you've ever smelled.

Or Fisher Price later into the 90's when they came out with the Great Adventures sets? My kids loved those. King Crumb and Sheriff Sassafras were best buds-working together to put Captain Claw back into the Castles Dungeon.

So when we were getting ready to move and my kids were upset after the prospective buyers left I was lost. I went online to my buyers agent website and found tips for moving, I understood! It says kids commonly think that when you move you leave EVERTHING behind. I quickly explained to the younger kids that the older siblings "cool toys" would indeed be coming with us.

Who would of thought the kids would get so worked up over their siblings old toys?
    Last edited by HG; 02-07-2009, 20:06. Reason: removing advertising link

Re: Fisher Price

Me & my brother had loads of the Fisher Price "Peg People", which are also known as Little People.

My sister played with them as well, & she got a few new ones as well.

This Old Toy's Main Entry Page
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Some people know that the whimsical nature and magical surprises of those first toys quickly caught on and became the hallmarks of Fisher Price ever since.
      Last edited by HG; 09-01-2010, 14:24. Reason: removing sales link

Comment

some info i found on fisher price.
        my fingers are sore.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        fisher price was founded in 1930 by Herman Fisher, Irving Price, Price's illustrator,artist wife Margaret Evans Price, and Helen Schelle, the name Fisher Price was established by combining two of the three names. Fisher worked previously in manufacturing, selling and advertising games for a company in Churchville, New York. Price had retired from a major variety chain store and helen schelle previously operated Penny Walker Toy Shop in Binghamton New York.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Fisher-Prices fundamental toy making principles centered on intrinsic play value, ingenuity, strong construction, good value for the money, and action. Early toys were made of heavy steel parts and ponderosa pine, which resisted splintering and held up well to heavy use. The details and charm were added with colorful lithographic labels.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Mrs. Price was the first Art Director and designed push-pull toys for the opening line, based on characters from her children's books.
        In 1931 the three founders took 16 of their wooden toys to the American International Toy Fair in New York City and they quickly became a success.
        The first Fisher-Price toy ever sold was Dr. Doodle in 1931.
        The very toy in excellent condition, would be worth a considerable amount in today's collectibles market.
        In the early fifties Fisher-Price identified plastic as a material that could help the company incorporate longer-lasting decorations and brighter colors into its toys. Buzzy Bee was the first Fisher-Price toy to make use of plastic.
        at the end of the fifties Fisher-Price manufactured 39 toys incorporating plastics.
        in the sixties the Play Family later known as Little People product line was introduced and soon overtook the popularity of earlier toys. Herman Fisher retired at the age of 71 in 1969 and the Quaker Oats Company bought Fisher-Price the same year.
        fisher prices paret company is mattel.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm currently going through the sad process of clearing dad's house after he passsed away recently, but amongst my old toys was Little Fisher Price wind-up "radio." It still works perfectly too; when you wind it up, it plays "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and the display moves round at the top.
          I also had a Fisher Price musical "grandfather clock," which, in the same way as the little radio, played "Hickory Dickory Dock" when you wound it up; I still haven't found that yet - hope I do!
          Fisher Price toys were always so well-made, from what I remember.
          I'll never, ever part with my old toys

Comment

My cousin's children have quite a few of their old toys, including many Fisher Price ones.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

In the 80's I had a lot of the people, the camper van and playground, the farm, the airport and plane, a small bus, and the fantastic tree house which I loved. I also had a boot house, but not sure if that was fisher price or not. : )

Comment

I still have the Alpha Probe and its astronauts, and a few of the other space themed Adventure People including Space Commander (who always looked like Captain Nemo to me), X-Ray Man, X-Ray Woman and Clawtron. And the black space ship, though I can't remember what it was supposed to be called.

Comment

Working...
                X