Beano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhino View Post
    Nice post DaveD.....I always remember them finishing their first spot with Freddie spraying a full can ofair-freshener whilst wearing a gas mask to the joke "the train arriving on platforms5,8 ,6 and 13 is...coming in sideways !!" didnt he used to lift the mask up and declare to everyone "" I'm not right !!!!"
    very, very late reply thanks Rhino do you know if Freddie is still working in Tenerife on these coach tours????Hi Rhino. Sorry for late reply 2 yrs!!!!!!! Do you still know if Freddie is still working in Tenerife as a guide on these coach tours on the island????

Comment

Re: Beano

I remember Beano very well my dad was a compare a few years ago the band use to come back with my dad for drinks and a sing song, fond memories.
      We did have the Beano album but some how lost it on the way of moving houses lol.
      there was some good tracks on there two timing evil women was a good track also why cain't we be in love, think that's what it was called i still know some of the words and some of the other tracks vey happy memories

Comment

Not a band ive ever heard of i must say.
        Had they any well known hits.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by johno3776 View Post

Re Beano, Fred does indeed live in Tenerife, John lives in mold, ken & myself Ray live in Birkenhead, I still play the drums in a club and still playing the same Slingerland kit I bought from The Newcastle Drum Shop in 1973 at a cost of £300. What a great time we all had in the 70s. Regards to everyone who remembers the Band.
          Me and my Bro saw you in the Aquarius in the 80s. Loved your cover of Doctor Doctor !!!

Comment

Just found this thread... I used to watch the Reason Why at the Trog Bar in Hull, with my then girlfriend (we're still married)! I played guitar in a band also managed by Robin Carew, and also named from his comic collection 'Bash Street Kids' and later 'Satin'. We often stayed at 'Rita's' pro digs somewhere near Bishop Auckland at the same time as you guys. Great times. Hope you're all still keeping well.

Comment

Working...
            X