When I grow Up I Want to be.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When I grow Up I Want to be.....

I'm pretty sure when I was about 5/6 ish I definatly wanted to be a ballerina but it possibly had nothing to do with the dancing, just the gorgeous pink tutus and pink satin shoes!! lol

Then as I got a bit older, I fell completely in love with swimming, mermaids and marine life, I had pictures of sea life all over my walls, while my friends had pictures of boys lol So generally I wanted to be a marine biologist but soon found out that it's not just getting paid to sit on a boat and watch dolphins all day lol it included micro organisms ect plus I decided I didn't really want to move away from my family lol

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
      I'm pretty sure when I was about 5/6 ish I definatly wanted to be a ballerina but it possibly had nothing to do with the dancing, just the gorgeous pink tutus and pink satin shoes!! lol

Then as I got a bit older, I fell completely in love with swimming, mermaids and marine life, I had pictures of sea life all over my walls, while my friends had pictures of boys lol So generally I wanted to be a marine biologist but soon found out that it's not just getting paid to sit on a boat and watch dolphins all day lol it included micro organisms ect plus I decided I didn't really want to move away from my family lol
      I can relate to wanting to be a ballerina. After seeing the little girl dancers in a pantomime I decided I wanted to do that too so I got the pink leotard and pumps and went to a ballet class but my illusions were shattered immediately. It was just a dusty room with an old woman plonking away on the piano and telling us to bend and point and without a tutu or silver sandal in sight! On my third visit an older girl accidentally smacked me right in the nose doing a twirl and that was the end of it all for me!

I think I only became a scientist so I could blow things up in a lab and be like Jonny Ball, but they expect you to do work and be intelligent and serious I can't be doing with all that.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

When I was 13 I wanted to be an F4 Phantom Pilot in the RAF !!!

32 years later...

I still do.........................!!!

Comment

I wanted to be a stuntman or an astronaut. While I'd love to go into space, there doesn't seem to be much point in it at the moment, and now that I've grown up, I'm glad to say I'm not a stuntman.

Oddly enough, at junior school I used to make up jokes and tell them in the playground. Now I write the **** jokes in birthday cards!

Comment

after reading all these wonderful dreams, maybe my ambitions wernet as odd as i first thought.

I had three ambitions as a child (i never did things in ones as a child lol) firstly i wanted to be a mountain climber and climb everest.

I then wanted to be a rally driver because it looked like a great job throwing cars round corners really fast and sliding all over the place.

Lastly i too wanted to be a stuntman because i thought my bones would never break (still havent broken one to this day)

I eeventually wound up working in an office for a railway company..... not so glamourous as my dreams lol
            MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

My ambitions were simple, if I couldn't be rich and famous then I did not want to be anything...and this was the 70's before the X-Factor brainwashed the shallow youth of our once great nation.....so I decided to settle for a string of mundane semi-skilled careers until I'd get "discovered"!! For the time being I have to scrape an existence as a Psychiatric Nurse, much to my mother's disgust....she wanted me to be a lawyer!

Comment

I always had 4 career paths in mind beginning with A.

1, An Artist
                2, An Architect
                4, An Accountant

I've ended up an unemployed artist.

Comment

Based on your blind spot for 3's Grosh it's easy to see why you didn't become an Accountant!

I on the other hand did, your not missing much let me tell you!
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah i wanted to be an astronaut.

also wanted to be a snooker player.
                    and be a computer game tester or designer.

and u never wanted to get older.
                    i have got older sadly but ive never actually grew up.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I wanted to be an air hostess for a while until I flew for the first time and I became terrified of flying.
                      Then I wanted to be a nurse but phlegm and pus make me vomit, also I can't touch dead bodies so that was out.
                      I ended up as a manager of a sheltered housing scheme after being a mobile warden for several years.
                      But my main ambition was to be a mum and I achieved that three times over.
                      The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

A lumberjack ...

Comment

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Cla...oe-Range/14582
                          Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                          Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                          While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                          Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                          -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Working...
                          X