Bill's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill's back!

The TV Guide called it, "TV's biggest hit in the 1980s" and right from the start it beat Magnum P.I. in the ratings. The Cosby Show certainly made an impression. After all, it was the first mainstream show around that centred on a African-American family, the Huxtables. And I'm sure we have it to thank for comedy gems such as The Fresh Prince and Everybody Loves Raymond coming into our lives. And more recently, The Cosby Show has even been credited with helping to pave the way for a black president to be elected in America.

Stand-up comedian Bill Cosby played the lead as doting family man, Dr Heathcliffe - a character that was once ranked Greatest TV Dad Of All Time by TV Guide, incidentally. And the rest of the Huxtables - wife Clair and kids Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa and cute-as-a-button Rudy - were brilliant each in their own special ways.*

What's great about The Cosby Show is that you can dip in and out of episodes easily and still enjoy it.*Now, thanks to Universal Playback, we can relive all the ups and downs, with the release of The Cosby Show: Season 4 on DVD this week. Remember the time Vanessa dated one of Theo's womanising friends and got her heart broken? Or when Theo gets caught making fun of an overweight girl? Both are on Season 4, plus much more. To buy your copy now click here.*

And, just for fun, here are some facts we bet you didn't know...
    • Bill Cosby insisted the show be filmed in New York due to his dislike of Hollywood.
    • Whitney Houston was considered for the role of Sondra Huxtable.
    • Carl Anthony Payne II Theo's friend Cockroach, was fired from the show for refusing to cut his hair.
    • The Cosby Show ran from 20 September 1984 until 30 April 1992 - a massive eight seasons.
    • Seven versions of the "Kiss Me" theme tune were used during the run of the series.

Do you know any more bits of Csby trivia? If so, get posting!

Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X