So many memories!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many memories!!!

I am hoping that any of you can provide me with some answers! I have some rather strong memories of a few TV programs which noone else seems to remember and I am convinced I havent imagined them:

1) A children's TV series, I believe it was on BBC as it predates CITV by a few years. It involved the usual well-to-do children living in a large house during some unspecified iddylic time - could be Victorian, could be 1920s..even 1950s at a stretch - who have magic wishing rings. They put on a play but, lacking an audience, make one up of scarecrows and the like. One of the children says something along the lines of "If only the audience was real" with terrifying results. They come to life and start clapping slowly, rising from their chairs.

2) Same era and same sort of drama (Possibly same program!) where a ghost haunts an old mansion. They discover a soldier was bricked up in the wall, gramophone and all! I couldnt put an age on the uniform as history is not my strong point - we're talking roughly Sharpe-era. Red coat style british soldier.

3) A program where, in the intro sequence, you see a car crash. A child is adopted out and, once adult, tries to track down his real family

4) A comedy where everyone in the world has vanished, apart from the main characters. The intro showed scenes of people going about their business and then just vanishing!

5) A documentary about a boarding school where there are no rules or regulations. I remember bare-footed children smoking and drinking and doing whatever they pleased.

6) Did K9 ever fight Satanists in a graveyard?

Please help me!!! These things have been nagging me for years! There are many, many more but I shall see how this goes and then post the others.

I will be truly grateful!

Thanks

Re: So many memories!!!

going for no 1 first.. The Enchanted Castle?

"The Enchanted Castle" (1979)
    Heather

Comment

THANKYOU! lol

Cheers for that, Huggie74! That one has been bugging me for decades! lol

So... thats 1 down, 5 to go!

Comment

No 2. The Clifton House mystery ?
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369089/#comment
        Heather

Comment

Number six is 'K9 and Company', the BBC Doctor Who spin-off starring Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane). It only had one story and that is the one to which you refer - the story was called "A Girl's Best Friend".

1981 I think.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

My god! You're my hero! lmao

How on earth are you finding these things?

Comment

and thankyou too, Kiop! I'm slowly beginning to think I'm not mad after all!

Comment

You are very welcome

Lets try No 4 ...not with a bang ??
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098879/#comment
                Heather

Comment

Number 5:

I think it's Summerhill. Can't find a link to the documentary but here's the school's website:

A. S. Neill's Summerhill School

Comment

nice one MB
                    YouTube - Imagine a School....Summerhill
                    Heather

Comment

Fascinating link huggie.

(There are other vids on there too, but take care surfers, not all the "Summerhill" uploads are about A. S. Neill's school. There's another school with the same name.)
                      Last edited by Marine Boy; 21-07-2009, 08:28.

Comment

Sorry I was so late in replying! Internet was down for awhile.

Thanks to all of you for clearing some of those up! They have been bugging me for decades!

The one about the boarding school.... I'm fairly certain that is the school I was talking about but not the actual documentary. This one seems to be rather recent whereas the one I remembered was some time ago.. I'm thinking it was an episode of Arena.

Thanks!

Comment

That school made me think of Drumlake School as featured in Brass Eye!

Comment

Originally posted by CoteDazur View Post
                            That school made me think of Drumlake School as featured in Brass Eye!
                            Same here.

The Lowdown once did a feature on a school where the pupils could wear casual clothes & call their teachers by their first names.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The crazy thing is, it was Brasseye that bought back the memory in the first place!

Comment

Working...
                              X