Play People/Busy Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play People/Busy Bodies

I used to love these figures. I had Play People Knights and Play People Hospital. Had the Busy Body Lollipop Man. I understand they became later known as Play Mobil ? (eek). I always remember that the Busy Body was taller than the Play People.

These got lost through moving home, I suppose they would be worth a mint now. :cry:

Many hours of fun, did anybody else have any of the Play People/Busy Body range? What memories do you have of them?
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: Play People/Busy Bodies

We use to have some great adverts/pictures for these toys on site, sadly the links expired though
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
      I used to love these figures. I had Play People Knights and Play People Hospital. Had the Busy Body Lollipop Man. I understand they became later known as Play Mobil ? (eek). I always remember that the Busy Body was taller than the Play People.

These got lost through moving home, I suppose they would be worth a mint now. :cry:

Many hours of fun, did anybody else have any of the Play People/Busy Body range? What memories do you have of them?
      Had quite a few - they actually made American Civil War ones! They were quite fantastic - came with removable backpacks with a detachable (though they didn't open up) bedroll, rifles and revolvers, with the anorexic horsie for some figures too.

I actually bought a new figure about 10 years ago - I'd gone for an interview at a toy store to work in their buying department, and on the way out, I spotted a NYPD figure - I thought it was novel (at that point, I'd forgotten the Civil War stuff and figured Playmobil as PC by then) so I picked it up. Then chucked it in a cupboard without opening the box (not a collector thing, just didn't want to ruin the packaging).

May give it a look over later...

Comment

Me & my brother had some Play People which got passed onto my sister. She also got some new Playmobile sets, including a figure in a hospital bed.

I got into trouble for using them to demonstate why it wasn't a good idea to take a horse into a hospital.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

As I understand it - Playmobil is the original brand name - they were renamed 'Play People' then they were introduced to English speaking countries in 1975.
          Playmobil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
          Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
          While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
          Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
          -Kingsley Amis

Comment

A bit like Boss Cat, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles & Potsworth & Company.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X