Joe the Truck Drivers Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe the Truck Drivers Son

Can anybody apart from myself and my friend remember a cartoon called Sam the Truck Drivers Son? I can't find a link that proves that this ever existed. We know it did but nobody else seems to remember it.

Joe the Truck Drivers Son

Last week I asked if anybody had any info on a cartoon called Sam the Truck Drivers Son. It should have been Joe the Truck Drivers Son. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Re: Joe the Truck Drivers Son

I've been trying to help you but no luck I'm afraid. There are a couple of songs about truck drivers - the sentimental country ballad type - that refer to 'Joe'. You can easily Google them to see if there is a connection.

Another thought is this website:

Toonlist ::

It proports to be an exhaustive list of all cartoons. They don't mention the one you're looking for but they have a message board and perhaps if you ask there, someone will know.

Comment

I've also searched with no luck so far, as always will keep looking
        Heather

Comment

I can picture Joe now. Round face with a Green Tank Top Jumper. They used to live in a Motorway Cafe if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by santana-fan View Post
            I can picture Joe now. Round face with a Green Tank Top Jumper. They used to live in a Motorway Cafe if I remember right.
            A guest house I think. But that is a series entitled simply "Joe" and his father is not a truck driver. Here's the link. It was such a sweet series, but without the truck driver element, I don't think it can be the one we're looking for.

Little Gems - Joe

Comment

hi

what year roughly? 70s' 80's or 90's?

US voices for the characters, or English vocies?

ta
              Dave
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

One book on childrens TV mentions this show, it was narrated by Lee Montague & Joe's Dad ran a transport cafe in it.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  One book on childrens TV mentions this show, it was narrated by Lee Montague & Joe's Dad ran a transport cafe in it.
                  Hi Richard

I'm getting confused now. Do you mean the series "Joe" was narrated by Lee Montague? Because on the Little Gems page I linked to it says it was Colin Jeavons. Also, I thought it was a transport cafe too, or something similar but again, the page on the link talks about guests coming down for breakfast.

Curiouser and curiouser...

santana-fan, come and tell us where we're at here

Comment

According to IMDb Lee Montague was the narrator of 26 episodes of "Joe" covering the years 1966 to 1971

"Joe" (1966)

but Colin Jeavons certainly did a series called Joe at one point

So either Imbd is wrong OR the series had two narrators!! or they are two different programes
                    Heather

Comment

Joe The Guest House was a program on Watch With Mother. Joe the Truck Drivers Son was a different one. I am sure he wore a Green Sleeveless Jumper and his mum ran a Transport Cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        Richard1978....... This sounds like the one

Comment

"Joe" (1966)
                          Heather

Comment

I remember this cartoon too. Its a bit of a 'I am Spartacus' moment as I seem to be the only person who remembers this hidden gem. My memory was from my pre-school days sometime between 1965 and 1968. I was sure that it had very simple images (almost certain that they were mainly line drawings) and that Joe lived in a Transport Cafe. I loved this dearly as a tiny tot but cannot find any reference to the original Joe series.

I have fleeting images...Joe seemed to have little hair and a round head (a bit like the later Bod).

I remember one scene where there is a road going away from the viewer and a turning halfway up on the right hand side to Joe's cafe and a lorry travelling down the road taking Joe home.

I also have a memory of the cafe being red possibly and the lorry being an older style truck.

So as I said...yes I am Spartacus...I remember too.

Sam
                            Last edited by sampianoman; 29-08-2015, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
                            X