70's? Big Egg in a Fire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's? Big Egg in a Fire...

Many a discussion been had in my local pub over this programme and I don't seem to know anyone who remembers it! My memories of it are a bit lacking, mainly a huge egg in a fire in a fireplace in a house, I think the egg was gold, there were some children and I think I was scared by it. I think it would have been the same time as a programme called Kissy.

Re: 70's? Big Egg in a Fire...

Originally posted by Treacl View Post
    ...a huge egg in a fire in a fireplace in a house, I think the egg was gold, there were some children and I think I was scared by it...
    Could it have been The Phoenix and the Carpet? Here's a link...

Little Gems - The Phoenix and the Carpet by E Nesbit, Dramatised for the BBC by John Tully

Comment

Marine Boy thank you very much that would appear to be the programme, no wonder my memory of it is a bit limited if it aired in 76/77 I was 3! May explain why I think it used to scare me too. Will have to pop off to the pub and inform all that I wasn't dreaming it did really exist. Thanks again

Comment

Here's a youtube link from Phoenix on the Carpet, I just stumbled upon.

YouTube - The Phoenix and The Carpet (Flight Sequence)

Watching that reminds me how much I used to love that show.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Don't have a clue about any eggs in fires but going off on another tangent does any one remember Bizzy Lizzy & Her Magic Flower? Oh and Bleep and Booster?

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
            Don't have a clue about any eggs in fires but going off on another tangent does any one remember Bizzy Lizzy & Her Magic Flower? Oh and Bleep and Booster?
            Try creating a separate thread about these programmes, you may get some replies as people may miss your question in this thread
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
            X