Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Met anybody famous in person

I have met...

Timmy Mallett (first encounter with a famous person, when I was 9!)
    Steve Coogan
    Ralf Little
    Tim Booth (from James)
    Marc Almond
    Ian McNabb (ex-Icicle Works frontman)
    Andy McCluskey (from OMD)

Also a few members of less well-known bands, mostly from the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Spunbowler View Post
      I met Don Estelle at Scarborough woolworths in the early 1980's, he was signing copies of his new album, all dressed up like he was in it aint half hot mum, thing is nobody was in the slightest bit interested in him, i felt really sorry for him :cry::cry:
      Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
      LOL He did exactly the same thing in Redditch Woolworths about the same time! He had a terrific voice but again, not many people were taking much notice.
      Count me in for Exeter Guildhall shopping centre!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
        I have met...

Timmy Mallett (first encounter with a famous person, when I was 9!)
        Steve Coogan
        Ralf Little
        Tim Booth (from James)
        Marc Almond
        Ian McNabb (ex-Icicle Works frontman)
        Andy McCluskey (from OMD)

Also a few members of less well-known bands, mostly from the 80s.
        I met Ralf Little's dad!
        He taught me on a weeks intensive accountancy exam revision course and at some point mentioned that his son was going to be on the telly as he had just got a part with Caroline Aherne!
        sigpic

Comment

To actually talk to, only two.

The first was Brian Blessed. I was on a trip to London aged 14 with my mam and he was chatting to someone in the street. My mother (embarrassing at the best of times but 1000x magnified when I was that age), got all over-excited and literally pushed me forward, hollering out "Mr Blessed" so she could take a picture of me and get him to sign our map. Then she asked the man he was talking to "and who are you?" He turned out to be some soldier bloke who was training him to climb mountains, so she got him to sign it too. I just wanted to die on the spot!

The second was two years ago. I got chatting to a guy in a bar in LA. I had no idea who he was, but it turns out he's one of 'Stiff little fingers'. Still don't really know who they are though to be honest.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

At least she didn't get him to say "Gordon's Alive?" like the sample of Queen's Flash!

Supposedly he still gets requests to say it 30 years on.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

If she'd been a FG fan I wouldn't have put it past her! Embarrassment aside, Brian Blessed seemed like a really nice bloke. Not loud and scary like he is on TV. Funnily enough he was in an episode of 'The Champions' the other day before he was properly famous and he wasn't loud and scary in that either. He must have developed his stereotypical character over the years. It's all fake!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to work on Granada Studios Tour and I met loads of celebs in the studios but my favourite famous person is my favourite author, Terry Pratchett who I have met several times and will be seeing again in a couple of weeks at a Discworld event in Wincanton.
                The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

during the 80`s/90`s i was a postman delivered mail on my various routes to houses belonging to and talking to matt and luke goss( from the band bros),actor pete postlewait someone who was connected to the band suede( either manager or the person who ran their fanclub ) i met the bands singer bret anderson hated the band and he was so in love with himself thinkng that when i was asking for a signature for a recorded delivery i was requesting an autograph and said he didnt do autographs i also delivered mail to a house owned by edward woodward but never saw him

around 12 years ago i lived in a road where actor timmothy spall was a neighbour and up to a few years ago where i live now i had dj danny baker living round the corner both of these two were genuinely nice blokes when ever we passed in the street

Comment

Once many many years ago me and some friends sat and chatted to Allen Ginsberg (beat poet from 50's/60's) after a poetry reading.....
                    A nicer guy you could not wish to meet.........He also appears in Dylan's video to "Subbteranean Homesick Blues"....
                    Cheers
                    Sgt S

Comment

I didn't strictly 'meet' the guy, but when I was a teenager I was in McDonald's with some friends and Nick Berry came in. This was post Wicksy pre Heartbeat so he was still quite fit. He only went and sat on the table NEXT to us, well we could hardly breathe! Lots of nudging and whispering and giggling went on. We ran upstairs to have a meeting to discuss which one of us would go back and ask for his autograph. By the time we went back downstairs he had gone!
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

nick berry now theres a man i would like to meet.i have meet a few famous ppl such as des oconner mind u i was only a young girl then, i have meet and spoke to ken barlow,meet quiet a few darts players and even played darts with phill taylor,meet princese dianna when she came to our town and even gave her a puch of flowers that she took and thanked me for,

Comment

I used to do Kate Silverton's (BBC News) hair. I also used to do Malcolm Christie's (Footballer) hair too. I met Bros in a hotel in Newcastle. We followed them after seeing them in concert at Whitley Bay Ice Rink in the late 80's.
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I met David Owen, now Lord Owen, in 1986. I don't know if that counts. He was leader of the SDP at the time. I was doing work experience in bookshop and he came in for a book signing.

Shame it wasn't somebody more popular like Rik Mayall really.

Comment

Ive met Simon le Bon only him not duran duran
                              also met Dave Vanian and the damned 86 line up and this line up
                              The Damned

Comment

I once acted as a bodyguard for Robbie Williams. I worked in a gym attached to a plush hotel he was staying at and he came in to use the equipment. There was some sort of aerobics class on in the studio room next door and I had to stop all the women from running into the gym to see him in his work-out clothing. He was a really nice guy. They hated me for the next few months I worked there until I left, i the most unpopular gym instructer of all time after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X