Met anybody famous in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Met anybody famous in person

ive just found out the wigan goal keeper Michael Pollitt his kid goes to my kids ex primary school cos they are now at secondary
    The Damned

Comment

i met the late great bon scott {ac/dc 1976/78} twice, david coverdale {whitesnake} ritchie blackmore{deep purple/rainbow} noddy holder {slade} brian connolly {the sweet 1974}

Comment

I was lucky enough to talk to Jimmy Dell the famous Test Pilot from the 50's and 60's!!

He flew the chase plane (English Electric Lightning) that accompanied the TSR 2 - an amazing bloke! They dont make them like that anymore.

Comment

I once served classical violinist Stephan Grappelli his breakfast when he was staying in the hotel I was working at(1995) and had my photo taken with Lenny Henry when I was busking(bagpipes) in Edinburgh's Old Town(2003) and saw Jeremy Clarkson at Reading Services a few years ago, stood next to a broken-down Ferrari. And I held the door open for Ian Hislop at the Soho branch of Costa last year.

Comment

I got run over by David Essex when I was 16
            When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenKeyne View Post
              Now that is a claim to fame!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenKeyne View Post
                What happened?! Was he nice or a nasty one?!

PowderedToastMan - When you saw Jezza I bet that was when they were filming the 'can you buy a classic sports car for £1500 and drive it all the way to Spearmint Rhino in Slough challenge' the boys from Top Gear did - his was the problematic red one if I recall...and I hope Mr Hislop was polite when you held the door for him and all!

I've met Louis Mansi from Allo Allo, Von Smallhousen, he was an ex pupil of my old school...mentioned it before here but forgot to list it in my post in this thread. We also had the son of ex The Troggs member Reg Presley at our school too - he was basically a miniature version of him - spitting image of the man...

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  We ran upstairs to have a meeting to discuss which one of us would go back and ask for his autograph. By the time we went back downstairs he had gone!
                  Thats the funniest bit.... 'ran upstairs to have a meeting to discuss...'

Comment

Lol.... Well I was running up Watford Hight Street as was going to watch the Watford FC and time was getting on, I just ran accross a junction and he came round the corner and hit me lol.... I hit the deck rolled a few times and got up ( I was a little intoxicated at the time) and he jumped out of the car and was very concerned for my well being, gave a £20 note to "buy myself a drink" shook my hands and drove off... and no it wasnt a silver dream machine !!!!!
                    When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Working...
                    X