Met anybody famous in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met anybody famous in person

Hi folks anyone met a singer or band member,it would be interesting to find out.
    If you have when was it what did you talk about etc, get back to you later with my expierence have to go to work now

Thanks

Re: Met anybody famous in person

Met Joe Walsh on the 7th of july just gone

Went to see the Eagles at the NIA Birmingham,there were 15 fans who went to the meet and greet before the concert.

After being an Eagles fan for so long,I never thought in a million years that I would meet an Eagle

Anyway we were in this room,snacks and cold drinks were provided,there was black curtains right around,we were all waiting for that moment,when hei presto joe appeared,we were all gobsmacked

He shook hands ask our names,a few ladies asked for a hug which they got
    He then signed his name on one item only,vinyl,cd,programes etc one lady had his signagure on her tshirt
    We had group photos taken with Joe

we then said bye cause he had to get ready for the show,I would do it all again if I had the opportunity and im sure everbody else would too

Comment

Yep - one or two - all in the 70s when I got to share a dressing room with some of the top acts at that time.

Norman wisdom
      Bernard Manning
      Tommy Cooper
      Johnny Johnson and his bandwagon
      Bruce Ruffin
      Sweet Sensation
      Showaddywaddy
      The Real thing
      Anita Harris
      Helen Shapiro

Blimey - its so long ago, I've forgotten most of them.

Comment

I was friends with a girl called Debbie during my late teens and was invited to her 18th Birthday party over at Wolverley, near Kidderminster.
        Her brother, John, was there and so was his mate Rob. I had a chat with both of them.
        Oh! I'd better tell you their surnames Bonham and Plant. They were in a Rock Band or summit!
        I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

i havent met anyone famous EVER!!! not fair

I have seen the back of mark owens head and i saw lisa riley who used to be in emmerdale shopping in currys!!!

Famous people in Bury town centre just isnt gonna happen i guess!!!
          I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Hiya,

Met quite a few including:

Johnny Cash
            Elton John
            Billy Joel
            Nik Kershaw
            Howard Jones
            Paul Young
            Tony Hadley
            Ross Wilson (of Aussie band Mondo Rock)
            Midge Ure

and of course my favourite of all of them

Peter Cox and Richard Drummie of Go West - more times than I can count - and each time I speak to them they are lovely and charming - in fact Richard Drummie helped get me through a difficult time earlier this year and doesn't know how much I appreciated his time and kindness
            You break my heart, you bruise my soul, you tear my world apart, and you make me whole

Comment

I met Don Estelle at Scarborough woolworths in the early 1980's, he was signing copies of his new album, all dressed up like he was in it aint half hot mum, thing is nobody was in the slightest bit interested in him, i felt really sorry for him :cry::cry:
              You have to be joking me my bonny lad!!!!!
              Divnae gan changin trying to please wa, i luv thos just the way thos is

Comment

Originally posted by Spunbowler View Post
                I met Don Estelle at Scarborough woolworths in the early 1980's, he was signing copies of his new album, all dressed up like he was in it aint half hot mum, thing is nobody was in the slightest bit interested in him, i felt really sorry for him :cry::cry:
                LOL He did exactly the same thing in Redditch Woolworths about the same time! He had a terrific voice but again, not many people were taking much notice.
                I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Had quite a long chat on a train journery with this Cockney girl - long time ago.
                  When she was in nappies these twin lads from down the road used to earn a few coppers baby-sitting her.

They were called Ronnie and Reggie from East end of London.

In other words I aint really met anyone -unless .... I shook hands with Prince Charles and had a 15 second chat about the weather but he's not relly a celeb.

I did once get challenged to a fight by Jean Burnett off Stranglers just cos I threw a can at the stage but the bouncers made a human wall so I couldn't get up there and take him on

Comment

You should write him a letter, saying something like, "OI! I'm that bloke wot chucked a beer can at yous in 197/8...! I demand satisfaction!"

Comment

Dunno why he got so uptight , waving the can above his head and shouting, it was empty anyways cos it would ave been a terrible sin to waste alcohol.

Only went along that day cos the Rezillos were the supporting act and I really had the hots for the girl off that band

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        Met Joe Walsh on the 7th of july just gone

Went to see the Eagles at the NIA Birmingham,there were 15 fans who went to the meet and greet before the concert.

After being an Eagles fan for so long,I never thought in a million years that I would meet an Eagle

Anyway we were in this room,snacks and cold drinks were provided,there was black curtains right around,we were all waiting for that moment,when hei presto joe appeared,we were all gobsmacked

He shook hands ask our names,a few ladies asked for a hug which they got
                        He then signed his name on one item only,vinyl,cd,programes etc one lady had his signagure on her tshirt
                        We had group photos taken with Joe

we then said bye cause he had to get ready for the show,I would do it all again if I had the opportunity and im sure everbody else would too
                        Joe Walsh is an absolute legend and a hero of mine as a guitarist. I envy you! Hotel California is brilliant, but I especially love James Gang Rides Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                          Dunno why he got so uptight , waving the can above his head and shouting, it was empty anyways cos it would ave been a terrible sin to waste alcohol.

Only went along that day cos the Rezillos were the supporting act and I really had the hots for the girl off that band
                          I should think so too. Would of thought you strange if you'de thrown a full can!

Comment

I went to see the stranglers once,and missed meeting them.A guy i was with said he dropped a contact lens and begged me to look for it on the floor.I wandered around outside the venue and next to their tour bus,looking for the contact lens,as he stood by.I looked up after five minutes,not finding it,to see Jean Jacques Burnel walking onto the tour bus.When i looked at the bus windows,they were all on it,seated and happily chatting away.Jean was wearing one of those Breton Fishermans Hats.

Comment

My Aunts are the Chanter sisters so met quite a few people through them over the years, played piano with Elton John at the top of the pops studio and met Jimmy savvel there ( scared me was only little), looked after Rod Stewarts Lemonade back stage he sat me on the speaker and told me to watch it (don't think it was lemonade lol), met Joe Cocker at the odeon, Rodger walters at wembly when my aunt was on tour with him, and dusty springfield at the albert hall when my aunts backed her And I know Madeline Bell from Blue Mink. And i met sandy shaw when my aunt was in the Blues brothers show in the west end but thought she was someone I knew wasn't till my aunt introduced me I realised who she was ooopppps. Oh and I met the Wispers with my sister at the club I was working in and they gave us all area passes and wanted us to show them London but we got to the hotel late so we went to rehersals had a couple of drinks watched the show and went home. Thats all I can remember at the moment met a few people lol :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X