Series about a children's home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series about a children's home

Does anyone remember a drama series from the 70s, (though it could be early 80s) starring James Hazeldine as the manager of a children's home? I think the title of the series was 'Kids' but the IMDB list of Hazeldine's credits does not mention it, so I'm thinking maybe I've got the title wrong. Grateful for any help on this.

Re: Series about a children's home

I remember a series called Home, not sure if it's the same one but was about a children's home.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thanks HG

But after putting a whole string of related words into Google, I eventually found something. First I found The Telegraph's obituary of Hazeldine where it says he appeared in 'Kids', a series made by LWT (1979) about children in care. Then I found the BFI page listing the episodes. I must remember to go to that site more often. Also, the guy who writes on 'TV Cream' mentions the series in his typically dismissive way.

It's a shame the series is not well remembered as I'm sure I loved it at the time. I also have a vague recollection that the theme music was very good.

Comment

Great glad you found it MB.

Thinking about my suggestion I'm sure it was an Aussie series, it had a catchy theme tune as well. Something for me to look for myself

Comment

Just for you HG

Found something here: A forum. Especially see Post #8
          sausageNet Nostalgia Forums - AUSTRALIAN KIDS' DRAMAS? HELP,PLEASE!

Also here:
          "Home" (1983) - IMDb user comments

Comment

Cheers MB

Comment

When I first read your post, I thought of Dodger, Bonzo And The Rest, a show in the mid 80's set in a London foster home. It starred Lee Ross, lately to be seen in the Catherine Tate show.

I certainly remember James Hazeldine in the series One Summer.

Comment

The Christmas special of Dodger, Bonzo and the Rest is up on YouTube. Great to see Lee Ross in his younger days. And Jenny Jay, who I remember seeing in other things around the time and liking a lot.

As for One Summer; it has a website all of its own!
                One Summer TV series (1983)

Comment

Working...
                X