Love heart messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love heart messages

This just came into my brain when replying to another post...

Does anyone remenber a time in mid-eighties when the lovey dovey messages on Love Hearts got a bit nasty?

Instead of words like My sweetheart or Your'e mine they read things like fish face or drop dead

Or was there some kind of alternative sweet to Love Hearts with similar packaging and flavours but differerent words that made an appearance in those days?

Re: Love heart messages

Unless they marketed them specifically for those in bad marriages/relationships ! If I thought my sister gave a pack to her ex-husband, I'd see to it that there'd be a bit more in the ingredients than it'd say on the pack.
    Love Hearts were very moreish, similar to Fizzlesticks - had ye them on the mainland ?

Comment

I'm sure you're right Danny, I seem to remember them myself.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I also remember 'Love Hearts' getting nasty. My Mum was quite shocked when I had one that said 'Drop Dead', and I also had one that said 'Shut Up'. I wonder who's idea it was?!
        Originally posted by Danny View Post
        This just came into my brain when replying to another post...

Does anyone remenber a time in mid-eighties when the lovey dovey messages on Love Hearts got a bit nasty?

Instead of words like My sweetheart or Your'e mine they read things like fish face or drop dead

Or was there some kind of alternative sweet to Love Hearts with similar packaging and flavours but differerent words that made an appearance in those days?

Comment

u never remember them getting nasty.
          but as you say they did.
          so why call them love hearts if they had nasty things written on them.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X