Early-morning 90's show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early-morning 90's show

I am wondering if anybody can help me shed some light on an old children's TV show that aired on a Saturday morning on Channel 4 during the very early 90's. For a good few years I have given it a try on search engines, nostalgia sites and video sites but come back with nothing. I figured that if anybody can help me then this forum can! In all honesty I would be surprised if anything comes back but here are the details:

This aired around six or seven on a Saturday morning and was some sort of mental quiz for kids. The presenter was a woman who was sat at a desk with some sort of pink, fluffy puppet sitting on the edge of her desk. This puppet served as a sort of mascot for the show and from what I remember was quite literally just a pink mess with a set of eyes stuck on it. Infront of the presenter's desk were three more desks with a kid sat at each one. I remember each kid having a tube on their desks which contained some sort of cookie or biscuit which I think they could eat if they won a round or got a question right. The final thing I remember is that the set was more or less just black and white.

This was never the most exciting show but I remember it always being on every saturday morning for a good while. As I said earlier, it would be great to get something on this show, anything at all but I fear this one may be lost in TV history.

Re: Early-morning 90's show

i think i remember something about this, i believe that if they got a question wrong they had to eat some weird food, i might be thinking of something different but it rings a bell

Comment

LOL, I see this one seems to have stumped everyone on here although I hope it gets solved because I'd love to know what this show was called. Finkledink, you may actually be correct when you mention the contestants having to eat something when they got a question wrong because that rings a bell with me too.

Comment

The above sounds very familiar to me! I too have been on a search to find out the name of this TV show! I remember at the end of the show the kid with the most points (i think) played a computer game where the puppet character thing was at the bottom of the screen eating the letters as they came down the screen - i think they had to spell the name of the show?

The word 'munch' also rings a bell...?

Comment

Eat my words!!

Comment

Working...
          X