Old-skool zombies are past it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-skool zombies are past it

When you watched 'em in films years ago you knew just where you were with 'em.
    They shambled along looking vacant and only caught you if you were trapped by sheer weight of numbers, a decent runner with a shotgun or length of iron pipe could easily escape and survive.

Nowadays they're like super fast, near invulnerable man killers and you just can't imagine how to get away!

Re: Old-skool zombies are past it

Yep, 28 Days Later changed everything.
    Zombies are now supercharged!

Comment

Also I Am Legend, though technically they were not zombies.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Past it?

C'mon! Zombie Flesh Eaters? The one that takes a bite out of a shark? Nasty.

And whilst I'm not completely versed in zombie (not seen the dead remakes nor the 28s - the trailer for Later made me think of my fave zombie movie with the deserted hospital), I do prefer the weight that the slow mos have.

Ah The Beyond. The climax in the hospital, with David Warbeck letting rip with a revolver, with the ammo running out, the little girl grabbing Catriona MacColl, and Warbeck turns - WHOAH!

Comment

ahh, Zombie films are my Forte

I think the first Zombie film to show them other than slow lumbering husks
          was The Return of the Living Dead = one of my favs

YouTube - the return of the living dead - trailer
          DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
            Past it?

C'mon! Zombie Flesh Eaters? The one that takes a bite out of a shark? Nasty.

Brilliant

And whilst I'm not completely versed in zombie (not seen the dead remakes nor the 28s - the trailer for Later made me think of my fave zombie movie with the deserted hospital), I do prefer the weight that the slow mos have.

Ah The Beyond. The climax in the hospital, with David Warbeck letting rip with a revolver, with the ammo running out, the little girl grabbing Catriona MacColl, and Warbeck turns - WHOAH!
            Is this the really weird.... ****, if it's that, then...

Comment

The music.
              Zombie Flesh Eaters.
              The zombie dead

Comment

Working...
              X