Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girl in mirror, paint on gravestone, creepy church - supernatural children's series??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Girl in mirror, paint on gravestone, creepy church - supernatural children's seri

Well it's been 8 months since the last reply....I guess this is one for the ages.

Comment

Re: Girl in mirror, paint on gravestone, creepy church - supernatural children's seri

Was it I love lucy or something with a girls name in the title

Comment

What was I thinking ignore my last post.

MOONDIAL

Comment

I know I mentioned Mirror Mirror before, but how about Mirror Mirror 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror,_Mirror_II

edit -doh!!! cant be you said Mirror Mirror was far to late, so 2 deffo is!!
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Metaphor View Post
            There's a show that I've been trying to find the name of for nearly two decades. My memory is patchy (obviously) but if anyone has the vaguest clue of what I'm talking about, please, please, please, offer your suggestion.

The era would be before 1992 or so. It was aired on Australian television (channel ABC) on a programme called 'The Afternoon Show' which was a show hosted by Paul Valentine and started about 5pm. Anyway, this programme played two or three children's serials every afternoon. For example, a typical program would have been 'The Gemini Factor'. I am pretty sure the series I am talking about is British and is most probably from the late-mid 80s or perhaps earlier.

I don't remember much of the plot but I do remember images. First, in one episode, a teenage boy is dropped off by the roadside. It is overcast and rainy. Later he is in a building and instead of his reflection, there is the reflection of a girl in white who seems to laugh malevolently. He smashes the mirror but the girl does not disappear.

I think the boy was a drifter perhaps. He arouses the suspicion of the local villagers (it seems to have that British country village atmosphere) when he is seen at a local graveyard adjoining a church. An old man is painting (the church, maybe?) and he sees the teenage boy walk away. However, it cuts away and then back and we see that paint has been spilled on a gravestone. The old man reacts as if the teenage boy did it but from our point of view he has been walking away the whole time.

Another image: it is night time and the boy sees the Church lit up with a choir singing. However, when he enters, the church is dark and empty, as if the lights and voices were an illusion.

That's pretty much all I can remember. I'm afraid there's a possibility that I am mixing up two or more shows but I remember them all from the same show. Those images have been with me for years and years and it is a holy grail for me to find this show.

Any suggestion is welcome.
            Have you tried contacting the ABC?I did this once when there was a tv show i couldn't remember and they were very helpful.That's what i suggest you do if you havn't already.If you get a reply let us know cos that show sounds interesting.I'd like to see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
              Have you tried contacting the ABC?I did this once when there was a tv show i couldn't remember and they were very helpful.That's what i suggest you do if you havn't already.If you get a reply let us know cos that show sounds interesting.I'd like to see it myself.
              Sorry about double posting but are you sure it was Paul Valentine?I thought it was James valentine.

Comment

Oh it might have been....I remember his last name definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                  Whom did you contact at the ABC? I've thought about it but would be a little embarrassed to call general reception!

Comment

Whom did you contact at the ABC? I've thought about it but would be a little embarrassed to call general reception!
                    No need to call them.All i did was email them.Good luck.

Comment

I came back to this forum after that original post more than seven years ago to announce that my search of three decades is over. Yesterday, I found it.

It's a 1987 episode of 'Dramarama' called 'Snap'. I recalled almost everything correctly, except the mirror image was not a girl. I was searching YouTube for Dramarama for a different episode that I also remember (called 'Jospehine Jo').

I doubt anybody will remember my original post or read this thread. But last night, as I started watching the episode, and as I started to suspect what it was, and as further and further in I was sure, the experience was absolutely surreal.

(The episode is on YouTube. It's fantastic).

Comment

I came back to this forum after that original post more than seven years ago to announce that my search of three decades is over. Yesterday, I found it.

It's a 1987 episode of 'Dramarama' called 'Snap'. I recalled almost everything correctly, except the mirror image was not a girl. I was searching YouTube for Dramarama for a different episode that I also remember (called 'Jospehine Jo').

I doubt anybody will remember my original post or read this thread. But last night, as I started watching the episode, and as I started to suspect what it was, and as further and further in I was sure, the experience was absolutely surreal.

(The episode is on YouTube. It's fantastic).
                        No memory of that, and I've never seen this thread before, but I've just watched Snap, and it's great! Really spooky.

Comment

Working...
                        X