• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What you did in the 70,s and 80s but you dont do now

Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
    Building Dams

Trying to make lego buildings as tall as I was

Wish I could do some of that stuff now...The Dam Building on a day like today is very appealing
    You been spying on Oggy? you should see the size of the monstrosity in little Boo's bedroom... its huge!
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Poignant one here...

Coming in in the 1970's and having my tea made by my Mam (Still miss her)

Nowadays its my wife who makes it

Comment

Stamp Collecting one hobby I used to enjoy doing.Remember buying packets of stamps from Boots or WH Smith.I used to like the colorful ones.never managed to fill the book who else did stamp collecting

Comment

I did a bit, my parents still have my mid 1980s Stanley Gibbons book.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            Stamp Collecting one hobby I used to enjoy doing.Remember buying packets of stamps from Boots or WH Smith.I used to like the colorful ones.never managed to fill the book who else did stamp collecting
            I used to be an avid stamp collecter back in the day. I used to buy bin-liners full of assorted stamps (still stuck to torn envelope bits) and spent many happy hours floating them off and mounting them.

Had decent albums too - penny blacks, tupenny blues, allsorts. Back in the early 1990's I flogged the lot to pay for some new furniture - made quite a few bob with them .
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I've heard that stamps (rare ones at least) can often go up in value.

The book I have had space to put in every UK design of stamp from 1840 to 1985.

In 1990 my parents got me a set celebrating 150 years of the penny post, & a few years later a set with characters from children's fiction.

These are still around somewhere.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Used to watch that military band doing National anthem on BBC at closedown and then stare at the little spot on the screen as it slowly faded

Comment

i used to listen to the queens speech on christmas day in the eighties.
                  now i find it noring.

Playing outside from Dawn to Dusk.

spinning around until i got very dizzy.

trying to jump my local river.
                  its wider than a stream but marrower than the main river.
                  climbing trees.
                  building tree huts.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Wet my hair down when I had tufts stuck up.

Comment

Linking arms with my friends and walking around the park shouting " who wants to play war, no girls aloud"
                      Burping into an empty soda stream bottle and quickly trying to screw the lid on in the belief that maybe when you open the lid it will come out again as a burp noise
                      Spending hours walking around Our Price deciding what single to buy with my pocket money
                      Week after week ordering x ray spex from comics in the belief that one of them must really work
                      Covering my school books with posters from Smash Hits
                      Spending hours re arranging the posters on my bedroom wall
                      Hunting out "girlie" mags in phone boxes hidden where the directories used to fold down
                      Trying to break a tonka toy to prove a point

I am sure there many more !
                      When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        Wet my hair down when I had tufts stuck up.
                        Hahahahahahaha BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

another for me is gurgling any type of liquid.

sniffing pepper.
                          playing football in the street wth other kids.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Going to school
                            "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Buying Hubba Bubba chewing gum and blowing bubbles as big as I could, sealed it and popped the bubble outside the mouth.

The excitement of having my first ice cream soda with coke.

Wearing huge chandeliar type earrings, bangles and wearing drain pipe jeans. Passing a test for dance and still have the badge which was called Disco Dancing (prefer disco name to the name of nightclub) and the music played was KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up

Discovering space dust and the soda stream machine.

Watching videos at the weekend and buying albums/singles/cassettes from Woolworths.

Watching Black Beauty, Grange Hill and Tuckers Luck

Walking someones dog for a bit of pocket money and the poor dog being frightened of this wind up bird toy I showed her and the poor old girl ran all over the house like crazy. Remember Gran always giving her titbits and the dog would do this begging noise when she saw gran in the kitchen.
                              Last edited by Beach Life; 20-11-2012, 00:55.

Comment

Checking out books and records from the library. (Nowadays I prefer to buy them)
                                Settling in on a Friday nite with a TV dinner and Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas on the tube.

Comment

Working...
                                X