White PVC Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White PVC Boots

I remember the fashion for white PVC knee boots in the late 60s and early 70s. These were usually matched with a shiny PVC raincoat or mini dress.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: White PVC Boots

They were known as go-go boots and often were also paired with hotpants when they became popular. I think other colours were also available. I'm sure I remember girls wearing red ones with matching clothes.

Comment

The girls who were with Lol Mason on the TOTP performances of the Maisonettes' song Heartache Avenue wore some, and I thought that they were ankle socks at first. Early 1980s I know but they were the same thing.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I had forgotten about the Maisonettes girls wearing them. Late 60s to maybe mid 70s seemed to be their peak. Walking around you would see lots of girls wearing them. They must have been pretty warm on their legs in summer. I remember Ayshea wore them sometimes when presenting Lift-Off--sure she had a silver pair with matching hotpants. Another wearer was Mama Cass.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
          I had forgotten about the Maisonettes girls wearing them.
          Well I couldn't have forgotten them.

I think that it was Pan's People on TOTP circa 1971 which popularised them, along with hot pants.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Kinky boots, a hit in the 60s for Honor blackman and Patrick mc'nee....Yeah baby.
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Kinky boots, a hit in the 60s for Honor blackman and Patrick mc'nee....Yeah baby.
              They definitely ARE kinky lol
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

My then gf wore them & I would pull them off for her; right down her legs
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Down boy!

Comment

lol

Turns me on thinking about it lol

Linda, you know who you are lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Littledean in the Forest of Dean Gloucester you lived then Linda

Let's name & embarrass her lol:

Linda Price
                      sigpic

Comment

The thing is that I remember lots of girls wearing them in the early 70s, even in small towns. They weren't just a London phenomenon or something only worn by models and celebrities.

One of my secondary school teachers wore them on occasion. Not with hotpants I hasten to add, though I don't think there would have been many complaints from us if she had.

Comment

Either side of them pixie boots were popular in the late 1960s & again in the early 1980s.

My Mum reckoned they were bad for your feet.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                            Littledean in the Forest of Dean Gloucester you lived then Linda

Let's name & embarrass her lol:

Linda Price
                            OMG! Linda price from Littledean? Really...you too?

Comment

Yep; except I lived in Cinderford; just up the hill from Littledean
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X