Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got to do a bit of bragging!

Late last year I went to two live gigs.

The first one is a little embarassing - Status Quo! I saw them at King George's Hall in Blackburn and they were fantastic. The didn't do as many of the classic's as I would have like to hear but great all the same. I was bouncing up and down at the front like a seasoned rocker by the end.

Secondly (and more important), I went to see DURAN DURAN at the MEN arena in Manchester on 18th December. I wasn't allowed to go 20 years ago as my parents didn't trust me as an influential 14 year old - and no-one would go with me!

All I can say is that it was well worth the wait! My sister-in-law (a hardened Spandeau fan) came with me and she was a near convert by the end of the show.

John Taylor is STILL wearing those leather trousers, Simon went crowd-surfing at one point, Andy Taylor couldn't stand still and they finished the set with the classic "Wild Boys".

I can't wait for the next one!
    TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

We saw Status Quo last year at Nottingham Royal Centre and they were good. More than good even. Had The Casbah Club supporting them. They were good also.
    Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Nothing wrong with The Quo!! My then future wife and I saw then five times in a week once in the early eighties, four nights at Hammersmith and then at the NEC in Birmingham. I haven't seen them for a few years now mind you, they're even older than me!

Comment

Ah! Duran were the first band I ever saw live (aged a tender 13). I still can't believe my folks let me go! One of my kids is 13 and there's noooo way.......

I went (on a coach - no parents!!!) with the other major Duranie in my year and we were the envy of the whole school. So exciting - Leeds Queen's Hall, I remember being amazed that Duran were ACTUALLY THERE!!!

Comment

Working...
        X