Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another memory! Help please before I go mad! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another memory! Help please before I go mad! :)

Ok... After the rather impressive help you all gave me tracking down some childhood TV memories, I thought I would throw this one in the mix and hopefully one of you out there will know what this is?

It was a series shown some time between the mid 70s and mid 80s (Just cant pinpoint it!). The series had a creepy element to it (That sort of Wicker Man/The Green Man (Anyone remember that one?) creepiness that 70s and 80s TV dramas did so well) and I believe it had a comedic element to it also. Think a cross between Eerie Indiana and Ballykissangle! Of course... it may not have even been creepy! You are reading a post from someone who had a creepy childhood nightmare about a chair! lol Nothing happened...just a chair! lol So I may have just 'found' it creepy at the time.

It was set in a quiet english village and all I remember was the protagonist had blond hair (Though this may be my memory playing up) and there was one episode where he climbed up a chimney and discovered a skeleton in a small adjoining room.

I have the feeling this came back for a second series and it had something to do with a large bell which was found in a swamp or dug up. (Though this may be a different program) The worse thing is, I remember the theme tune but, of course, short of typing "De-dum-de-dum-de-du....etc" and hoping it jogs someone's memory (Highly unlikely. lol) this is all I have to go on.

Please help, as this is the BIG ONE which has been hurting my brain since childhood.

Re: Yet another memory! Help please before I go mad!

I don't recognise the description, but you say you can remember the theme. Could you pick it out on a piano? If so, go to this site:

http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/music/piano.html

and write down the notes and post them here. It's a long shot, but I'm quite good on theme tunes and I may recognise it from that.

(Can't recall who first posted this wonderful link, some months ago. So thanks to them.)

Comment

The Clifton house mystery ?
      "The Clifton House Mystery" (1978)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_yk...x=0&playnext=1
      Heather

Comment

Nope. That was the answer to one of my previous questions though. lol

This was an adult drama.

Comment

rofl I thought we'd had this one recently
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
            I don't recognise the description, but you say you can remember the theme. Could you pick it out on a piano? If so, go to this site:

http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/music/piano.html

and write down the notes and post them here. It's a long shot, but I'm quite good on theme tunes and I may recognise it from that.

(Can't recall who first posted this wonderful link, some months ago. So thanks to them.)
            Ok....its not perfect but I did give your suggestion a go....

Its only a section of the theme tune (In fact its the end bit which is the only part I really remember) and I really hope it is of some use. Obviously I may have got some of the notes wrong but you should get the idea of how it went... here goes:

E D E C# E C E B (one beat pause) B A C# E E Eb E E(Last note extended)

I hope this may ring some bells?

Comment

Oh, and Huggie74.... Its understandable as TV seemed to have an absolute obsession with hidden skeletons (Or skellingtons as I always called them. lol) at that particular time.

Comment

Originally posted by AFBulimia View Post
                Oh, and Huggie74.... Its understandable as TV seemed to have an absolute obsession with hidden skeletons (Or skellingtons as I always called them. lol) at that particular time.
                LOL not sure where I got it from but I always called them skelewags as a kid
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by AFBulimia View Post
                  Ok....its not perfect but I did give your suggestion a go....
                  I'm afraid I only have a very frustrating answer for you. I played it through and it actually sounds very familiar but I'm afraid, at the moment, I can't tell you what it is.

Comment

Lol. That's ok. Someone out there somewhere must know what it is.... I remember for years being the only person who remembered 'HR Puff n Stuff' till the point where I actually started to doubt my sanity or congratulate my imagination....Now it is everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                    X