Name That Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name That Tune

As Marine Boy put this up again http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/music/piano.html (thanks MB ) can anyone identify this tune? I'm reasonably sure it was a tv theme, one of our neighbours sat humming it repeatedly one afternoon and it's been in my head ever since. Would have been late '60's early '70's.

C EFG ABCBAG CBA GFE DECD
    GC EFG ABCBAG CBA GFE FEDC

Re: Name That Tune

First few notes made me think of "Sykes", but its not.. unless you have wrong notes in there

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post

C EFG ABCBAG CBA GFE DECD
      GC EFG ABCBAG CBA GFE FEDC
      The first 10 notes are the hymn, 'Fight the Good Fight' so I am trying to get that out of my mind to start with! I'm taking it as read that it's not the tune you're looking for ...

It is actually very familiar. Do you know the timing? I have the feeling it's waltz time, (1,2,3; 1,2,3).

EDIT: The theme to the movie, 'The Amazing Mr. Blunden'?

Comment

Not Sykes or Fight The Good Fight. A few clips of The Amazing Mr Blunden on yt all with different music but no, none of them. I suppose it could have been waltz time MB, difficult to tell in between him dragging on a roll-up and slurping tea

Comment

sounds like 'Bless This House' to me??

"phwwoooarr" as Sid would say

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Bless...se_-_1971.html
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Its definately none of the ones suggested above. I know this tune!!! I'm afraid I can't tell you what it is yet, but I'm working on it!

Comment

No hurry AFB, I've been waiting to identify it for about 40 years so I can wait a bit longer Glad to hear you recognise it though.

Comment

Debbie Reynolds ? Tammy ? Free listening at Last.fm

Some of the notes are incorrect but I am pretty sure its 'Tammy' by Debbie Reynolds.

Hope this is the one?

Comment

That could well be it AFB! I've never heard the original so I can't be sure and yes some of the notes are different but it's pretty close. Thanks for taking the trouble to track it down

Comment

blimey how'd you link that AFB??

ps she sounds like Doris Day
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Well... I'm THE obscure music guy. lol I have a knack of remembering tunes. Apart from that, when I was in Nursery, I had a crush on a girl called Tammy and my wonderful family used to tease me with this song... lol.... didn't cause me psychological damage in the slightest!....not at all.... *twitch*

The amusing thing is... they identified the wrong Tammy anyway. I liked the dark haired one, not the blonde one. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X