Moon Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Boots

Moon Boots were the rage in about 1976, and coincided with heavy snow falls in our area that winter, so i was lucky enough to get a pair because my wellies were too small. Mine were from good old Woolies, and were navy-blue with a red gathered drawstring top and the trademark all-important, thick, rubber platform sole. Fab and very snowproof, as i was out playing in the stuff untill it eventually melted - minus frostbite!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Moon Boots

My Aunt got some in the early 1980s when she went on a skiing holiday, & used them for many years afterwards.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I just bought a pair of 2nd hand moon boots on ebay but unfortunately they were too old and skanky so I binned them straight away. I only bought them for a laugh as they are rather hideous but I was caught up in a wave of nostalgia and wanted a piece of the 70s. You can still buy them new but they are 50 odd quid! Don't think I can justify that.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember Lister had a pair of niffy ones in one episode of Red Dwarf.

According to the DVD commentary under the studio lighting Craig Charles sweated into them enough to make them smell as bad as the script suggested!
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Well I've never seen that red dwarf but that captured my thoughts entirely when I opened the package. They were well loved but you just can't clean moon boots and when I tried them on the very thought of all that sweat from somebody elses feet eugh.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
          X