Go West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go West

As a HUGE fan of Go West, I'm interested in whether anyone else here is a fan of theirs. I've said elsewhere that I think they are one of the most under-rated bands of the 80s (or anytime really). They write good pop songs and Peter Cox has a fantastic voice which can seriously cut it live.

This is one of my photos with the guys when they toured Australia in May 2008.
    Attached Files
    You break my heart, you bruise my soul, you tear my world apart, and you make me whole

Re: Go West

I really liked Go West. My favourite is King Of Wishful Thinking. I agree they are much underated.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Their debut album was good and We close our eyes was one of the best tunes of the 80's.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I LOVE Go West and you're right, Peter Cox has an amazing unique voice. He is also possibly the hottest guy ever! I wonder if he's married....

Comment

Go West..... Call Me used to be my favourite, great dance song for the Disco's..........

Comment

I love King of wishful thinking

Comment

Re: Go West 25th Anniversary Tour

Hi guys,

The Go West 25th Anniversary Tour starts on April 8th 2010.

The dates will be announced and go on sale in a couple of weeks time, I can tell you that the London show will be at the Indigo 2 and the Birmingham show at the Symphony Hall.

More information to follow. See the official website for confirmed details as they come to hand.

Trish
              Admin
              Official Go West website and forum
              gowest.org.uk - The Official Go West Website
              You break my heart, you bruise my soul, you tear my world apart, and you make me whole

Comment

I had a few Go West cassette back then.And the 7'' singles of Faithful, and What You Don't Do For Love, and 12" King of Wishful Thinking.
                Indian Summer was my most played album but it got chewed up by my casette player.
                I now have the Aces & Kings (Best of) cd and play it often.

Peter Cox is stunning - he gets hotter with age, and oh my ...what a voice !
                I haven't really followed his solo career but tracked down 2 of his albums and they're both very good.

I think Go West- and Peter Cox solo- deserved more chart success than they've had !

Comment

I remember hearing 'Call Me' in an advert on TV in the late '80s, and really liking it then. Since then I've got a best-of CD - with 'Call Me', 'Don't Look Down', 'We Close Our Eyes' etc, (naturally) on it. Great band.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

One or two "80s" bands are making comebacks.Music from that period was far better than a lot of music since.Go West was a great ban back then.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it's funny how one song often coloured my impressions of a band. Go West never really crossed my radar but I had 'King of wishful thinking' on a compilation tape and hated it so dismissed them, even though I'm sure I probably liked some of their other songs without realising it was them.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

I loved them too...especially watching Peter Cox dancing with his shovel!! Saw them a couple of years ago in an episode of that Banzai program.

Comment

Rick Drummie was at the same sixth form college as me, (Shene), a year behind me if I remember correctly. I vaguely remember the college band he was a member of was called Free Agent. I did some lighting work for them at one of the RockSoc concerts there. Nice chap.

Comment

Working...
                          X