Obscure cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure cartoons

I used to like Mr Rossi, Vicky the Viking, The new Schmoo. Anyone else got any obscure faves?

mr rossi had one of the best theme tunes ever,viva....viva happiness indeed

Comment

The Tomfoolery Show, Sinbad Junior, and maybe the Pied Piper?

Comment

Re: Obscure cartoons

I'd forgotten all about Mr Rossi. Can't remember much about it apart from the funny theme tune. Vicky the Vicking annoyed me because he was a boy but looked like a girl and had a girl's name, and being a Vicky myself, I never heard the end of it at school. Another weird cartoon I liked was Aubrey. He went into his shed and made things.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

The Shadoks

Actually a French invention of the very late sixties, they made it over to ITV in 1973
          (roughly the same time-slot (competing with?) as "Magic Roundabout" and seemingly the same "import, translated" idea. But they were and are weirder, though wonderful in their own way.)
          Can be found extensively on youtube, in the French versions.

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/shadok...s.html#english
          "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I remember a few of those, one me & my brother really liked was The Drack Pack, which was either made Hannah Barbera, Ruby Spears or possibly filmation.

Just a few days ago I was thinking of a few children's shows that I remember but are almost forgotten, Dinky Dog, The Groovy Goulies & Inch-eye Private Eye all come to mind.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Anyone remember Albert the Fifth Musketeer? The theme tune was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                I'd forgotten all about Mr Rossi. Can't remember much about it apart from the funny theme tune. Vicky the Vicking annoyed me because he was a boy but looked like a girl and had a girl's name, and being a Vicky myself, I never heard the end of it at school. Another weird cartoon I liked was Aubrey. He went into his shed and made things.
                Mister Rossi was Italian made but dubbed into English and it involved something about a magic whistle.
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

All made by Hannah Babera except the Groovy Ghoulies which was made by Filmation.
                  WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

MisterJaw
                    The Blue Racer
                    The And And Aardvark
                    BaggyPants And the Nitwits
                    Bailey's Comets
                    The Oddball Couple
                    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      Just a few days ago I was thinking of a few children's shows that I remember but are almost forgotten, Dinky Dog, The Groovy Goulies & Inch-eye Private Eye all come to mind.
                      Funny someone should mention 'Dinky Dog' on here. It was the cartoon that made me famous at my school. Before I went up to high school I was just plain Philip Dalton, as soon as this cartoon started everyone came to know me either as Dinky Dalton or Dinks.
                      Does anyone else have a nickname that originated from the TV set?
                      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
                        Does anyone else have a nickname that originated from the TV set?
                        Throughout my school years I was called Sprocket, after the dog in Fraggle Rock.
                        Apparently I had a haircut resembling said canine Muppet.

Old friends still occasionally call me by that name, my Grandad used to call me Sprocket too.

Comment

There was this guy a couple of years below me in school that everyone called Damien. That wasn't his real name though, I think he was called that because he supposedly resembled Damien Thorn from the Omen films.
                          Last edited by philipdalton; 26-01-2013, 22:18. Reason: I keep missing words out by mistake, common fault of mine
                          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

The Houndcats

Comment

I used to enjoy 'Wheelie & The Chopper Bunch'. Wheelie was a red VW Beetle-type car with a white stripe on it's sides, and the word 'Charge!' would light up in it's windscreen every time it put the hammer down. The Chopper Bunch were a group of Chopper motorbikes with faces.
                              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                              X