Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atari 2600

Default Atari 2600

I loved my atari. I cant image how many hours i spent on that thing! Looking at the games now there seem so basic but we didnt know anything better then!

Here are some screenshots of my favourite games from that time.

You can play old games on the below website.

The Old Computer | ROMs,Emulators,Nes ROMs,Snes ROMs,N64 ROMs,Nintendo ROMs,Atari,Bios,Amiga,Commodore,Sega

It has atari, sega, nintendo, commodore, acorn etc etc etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChopperCommand.jpg   Frogger.jpg   Frostbite.jpg   GhostManor.jpg   KeystoneKapers.jpg  

Default Re: Atari 2600

some more favs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MoonPatrol.jpg   Pitfall.jpg   Qbert.jpg   SmurfsRescueInGargamelsCastle.jpg   Tutankham.jpg  

This game i thought should have a mention just because i could never ever work it! Didnt have a clue what to do but really wanted to play it because it was E.T!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ET.jpg  

Does anyone remember a mid 1980s game made ( I think) by Atari, called ~"~The Little Pygmy" in which logic got one through a series of mud huts or suchlike, to escape - only it seemed to me that there was no satisfactory solution, probably a design error. Or does anyone remember actually managing to escape????

My dad had an Atari in the 80's. Our favourite game was called 'Leaper' which invloved moving lines with gaps in, and you had to try and get leaper (which I think was a mouse?!) up the gaps to the top of the screen to light up his name, and various baddies would come along the lines to stop you. Does anyone remember this game? : )

Did anyone see the documentary Atari: Game Over where a landfill site in New Mexico was excavated and loads of Atari cartridges were discovered? Many of them still had their original packaging. It was quite interesting. I remember playing Asteroids, Yars Revenge, Phoenix, Pacman, Keystone Kapers and Space Invaders on the Atari 2600. It was a great console.

Did anybody play River Raid? IIRC, it was by Activision, but for the Atari 2600.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Quote Originally Posted by homewood View Post
    did anyone see the documentary atari: Game over where a landfill site in new mexico was excavated and loads of atari cartridges were discovered? Many of them still had their original packaging.
    et??
    Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Two favs on my Atari 2600 were River Raid and Q-Bert.

Yes, I watched that Atari documentary on the E.T game cartridges that was dumped in the New Mexico desert. I don't blame them for doing that as it was a terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by akb48fan View Post
    Two favs on my Atari 2600 were River Raid and Q-Bert.

Yes, I watched that Atari documentary on the E.T game cartridges that was dumped in the New Mexico desert. I don't blame them for doing that as it was a terrible game.
    I heard the ET game was rushed to release it while the film was still in the public eye.
    The Trickster On The Roof