Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have you gone, Trish Yates? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Grange Hill - first season

i was lucky enough to get hold of the first series of grange hill.
    i havent seen it since it first screened in 1978. its amazing how tough it is.

in the first few episodes it dealt with bullying, democracy (voting in student elections), truancy, shopping lifting, absent fathers, dyslexia!.

I love it how everyone seems to be a in a bad mood with only brief moments of happiness.

I am falling in love with Trish Yates again.

Trisha Yates | GRANGE HILL School Report
    Thirty Years of Grange Hill - Part II | Behind the Screens
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Re: Where have you gone, Trish Yates? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

I too have the DVDs of the early series. It was brilliant to see all those episodes again. I've come across the first of the sites you mention; it's very good. But I've never seen the second one before. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Marine Boy
      series 3 and 4 seems to be on dvd as well.
      i really started watching it from the early 80s when students like pogo patterson, jonah jones, zammo, gripper, annette firman and susan tully appeared.

who can forget Jonah catchcry "Oi, Firman!!"

and remember that trip to the zoo!

the direction was great too.
      there was a fantastic steadicam shot that followed jonah and zammo running through the zoo.

i heard a rumor that the Queen used to watch Grange Hill and mimic the accents.

love to hear the Queen saying "flippin' eck, Philip!"
      My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

It was great when CBBC repeated them all in the 1990s on Sunday mornings.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I wish they'd repeat them all again. Grange Hill was essential viewing for me in the late 70's and 80's. I loved it! I watched it every sunday too when they repeated it on BBC 2, as already mentioned, laid in bed with a hangover!
          We need a petition to BRING BACK GRANGE HILL!!!!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

GH started when I was in my 1st year at comp (Sept 1977), just like Tucker, Benny, Al & the rest were, so I felt a 'special' kind of link with them

ps, Fay Lucas was THE babe! Who else..let me see...Annette Firman , later there was Georgina Hayes,
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Annette Firman . Sigh...
              the actress who played her Nadia Chambers later appeared in a tiny role in pride and prejudice
              Star File - Nadia Chambers

Alison Bettles played Fay Lucas

Alison is mother to three young boys. They've followed in their mum's footsteps and done some modelling. Alison also has two brothers, Mark and Dean. They are not actors.

Star File - Alison Bettles
              My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

watching series 1 and 2 again you notice all the little things.

The poster of Genesis in concert from "Seconds out" in Trish Yates bedroom

A national theatre brochure from 1978 pinned to a cork board.

Cathy shoplifting from a fashion boutique named The clockwork orange

Cathy holding an album by The Tom Robinson band TRB
                My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Clare Scott was the babe! (Paula Ann-Bland)
                  xx Clare xx

CR 4 CS True!!
                  I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                    GH started when I was in my 1st year at comp (Sept 1977), just like Tucker, Benny, Al & the rest were, so I felt a 'special' kind of link with them

ps, Fay Lucas was THE babe! Who else..let me see...Annette Firman , later there was Georgina Hayes,

how could I forget!!!!.......... Tracy Edwards.....don't remember her????

she's otherwise known as Amanda Mealing (aka Connie Beauchamp in Holby City)..god she is stunningly sexy
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

heres an overview of characters from the first 4 series

Grange Hill: Grange Hill Series 1-4 - The Characters
                      My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Working...
                      X