The Way We Used To Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Way We Used To Live

Does anyone remember this program. Now I know there was a live version of this but I believe there was also an animated version that I remember being shown in school in the Midlands. It used to focus back a long way to the first farmers etc. Hope someone can help. It's been bugging me for years!!

Re: The Way We Used To Live

I can remember How We Used to Live but only as a drama not cartoon. Hopefully someone else may remember it though.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The brilliant 'How We Used To Live' as an animation? I've certainly never heard of such a thing but I'll do a bit of research and see what I come up with.

Comment

i defo remember "how we used to live" on ITV and channel four and we did it as part of school work. But the one i remember was defo a drama not a cartoon.
        I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

I've not heard of the animated version of 'How we used to live' but I loved the drama that was made for ITV schools. It was great. Loved the series set in World War 2.
          Another great 80's programme that should be repeated instead of the rubbish that the channels do repeat!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember the 1950s -60s one, especially the one with a very gorry car crash after a couple decided to park their Mini on the hard shoulder of a motorway & it got hit by a van which had a sudden blowout.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Ok Ok let's check this. Not so sure on the name now. It was definitely an animation. It was shown in our history class I believe. I remember it started like two modern animated characters and the the picture froze and faded into the modern characters being in say iron age surroundings and clothing etc. Mind you people say that the memory can play tricks on you!!!

Comment

I remember the drama "How We Used To Live" I loved it, it was my favourite school programme.
                "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                sigpic

Comment

i dont think that this is what you mean but just incase.....

YouTube - once upon a time man! opening

I used to watch this in the 80s i think ITV in the holidays.

Its a cartoon and history????
                  I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Great clip Nessie, I can't remember that, shame

Here's some How We Used to Love Clips

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                    X