No announcement yet.

The Kids from 47A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kids from 47a was a British children's television series produced by about four children whose widowed mother is taken into hospital, leaving them to cope on their own. The eldest office worker Jess Gathercole becomes the family matriarch, making every effort to keep her schoolchild sister and brothers at home with her.

here is the theme tune.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfozD8hJets

first episode was 30th may 1973.

last episode was a special 31st august 1975.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Kids from 47A

I am amazed with your find!

That is the music! And I was right! Old Banjo Music!

Thanks for locating that bit of "THIS" Jigsaw puzzle!

Comment

Re: Kids from 47A

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
        I am amazed with your find!

That is the music! And I was right! Old Banjo Music!

Thanks for locating that bit of "THIS" Jigsaw puzzle!
        glad i could help mate.
        was not to hard to find either.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: The Kids from 47A

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. I really tought that I had dreamt this programme up as whenever I spoke to people about it no-one had heard of it....I am not going mad.

Comment

Originally posted by RoRo View Post
            Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. I really tought that I had dreamt this programme up as whenever I spoke to people about it no-one had heard of it....I am not going mad.

ALso I remeber their front door was at an angle so they had an odd shaped hallway.

Comment

Watching the first series on DVD made me feel quite emotional seeing it again after all these years!

Comment

Sister bringing up her siblings out of sight of those meddling social workers
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

First episode full run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgCTu7oaIjU
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I recently received the complete first series of fifteen episodes of this vintage children’s television serial on two DVDs inside one DVD case from Network. I remember watching this on Wednesday afternoons in 1973, after having seen SAM starring Kevin Moreton on Tuesday nights. This series isn’t as dramatic as SAM, but it is thoroughly entertaining and the episodes are beautiful transfers from the original video tapes.

SYNOPSIS: Leave a family of four children aged between 9 and 16 to run a flat on their own, and what happens? Can they cope without adult assistance? Should they be left to muddle through alone, or would they be happier and safer in the care of the local authority?
                    Just how the Gathercole family – Christine McKenna as Jess (at 16 the matriarch), Gaynor Hodgson as Binny (14), Nigel Greaves as Willy (13) and Russell Lewis as George (9) – manages to survive in such circumstances is the premise of this major children's series broadcast in the early 1970s. Starting from the time their widowed mother is suddenly taken into hospital “The Kids from 47A” chronicles four very different siblings overcoming a multitude of problems and misfortunes – sometimes dramatic, sometimes full of humour.

A SPECIAL NOTE: This is series one of three series, but I doubt that I’ll be buying the other two series if they are ever released, because, as with all Network releases containing more than one disc, disc two was easy to get out, a little press with my thumb and it was out. But disc one was on one of those spindles that once the disc is clicked in, it’s almost impossible to click it out again. In fact, it took me a good two hours of trying and trying and trying before I could finally get the disc out of the case. I’ve had this kind of trouble with Network DVD case spindles before. Naturally, I haven’t put disc one back on the spindle, but in a plastic wallet placed inside the DVD case.

Comment

Working...
                    X