The Kids from 47A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kids from 47A

does anybody remember this seventies series? it was broadcast on ITV at teatimes and featured a group of kids having to survive in their flat after their parents left for some reason. remember the girl was called Jess.

never met anyone who remembers it and i always get blank looks when i mention it!

Re: the kids from 47a

Dead link removed
    Last edited by sixtyten; 17-11-2008, 19:53.

Comment

wow that was quick Daz
      Heather

Comment

wow thanks Daz that was it!! its good to see that all the episodes still exist. i only remember it from watching it when it was first broadcast dont remember ever seeing it repeated but i guess there is still hope!

Comment

Well I didn't watch it at the time due to me not being born but my dad has some on VHS from a friend the four children were Willy Binny George and Jess, I only know this because my dad played willy

Comment

Perhaps your Dad could answer the other part of the (unasked) question -
            Why were they left alone in the first place ??

Be great if he could !
            Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
            <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Sorry its late, just joined, yep I remember it well, they played it in New Zealand back in the 70's too. The only reason why I joined this site, is coz I googled 'the kids from 47A' loved the show.

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
                Perhaps your Dad could answer the other part of the (unasked) question -
                Why were they left alone in the first place ??

Be great if he could !
                I used to love that programme!

From what I can remember, the mum was a widow and had to go into hospital, where she later died. Jess (the oldest) took over so they wouldn't have to go into care.

Comment

I loved this show! Do you remember the cream-bun eating competition or the holiday they had in a caravan or the middle-girl who fancied herself as an authoress of romantic fiction. One of her books was called "Left-handed love" because one of the characters in her story had had a hand amputated! bloody funny!

Comment

The Kids from 47A

This was one of my favourite programmes from my youth.
                    4 siblings trying to get by while their Mum was in hospital. I think their Dad had died!
                    The lovely Christine McKenna played the eldest sister, Jess, while Binny, George and Willy made up the family.

I had a terrible crush on Binny - who was a bit of a geek from what I remember but very cute.

Anymore fans??

&#x22;The Kids from 47A&#x22; (1973)
                    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Re: The Kids from 47A

i dont have any really strong memories i am pretty sure i used to watch this.
                      i think it was shown around 4.30pm.
                      unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much on youtube.
                      i read that phil readmond was writing for this series before he created grange hill.

always thought mandy mealing (who was in grange hill) was in this but it turns out she wasn't.

also remember another youth series from this time called "a bunch of fives"
                      My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Kids from 47A

Does anyone remember the programme Kids from 47A - on early mid 70s on ITV. I remember in the starting credits somebody was playing hopskotch and there was a girl in it called Binny and a boy called George.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_from_47A

Ring any bells with anyone?
                        Last edited by Heather74; 10-03-2011, 09:41. Reason: Theads merged

Comment

Re: Kids from 47A

Originally posted by Nicola1968 View Post
                          Does anyone remember the programme Kids from 47A - on early mid 70s on ITV. I remember in the starting credits somebody was playing hopskotch and there was a girl in it called Binny and a boy called George.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_from_47A

Ring any bells with anyone?
                          Don't remember this, but I was madly in love with Christine McKenna when she was in Flambards. I briefly wanted to learn to fly a biplane and ride a horse in the hope that she would be impressed. I was nine.

Comment

I remember it well as it happened to be my favourite TV programme at the time! The kids mother went into hospital to have an operation but died leaving the eldest sister to look after two brothers and a younger sister. Although it had tragic beginnings this was actually a comedy and had an excellent script with a bunch of talented young actors. Would love to see it again, must check YT.

Comment

I seem to remember the start of the programme showing a yellow painted 1930's style fromt door, with the number on, and was the music like banjo music? am I right? I also remember a little boy with NHS spectacles on?

Comment

Working...
                              X