Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: patrick cagoules

Originally posted by branny View Post
    I had a black Adidas coat with the 3 white stripes down the sleeve. Most people in my year had some variety of Adidas coat although one or two had Patrick. Turqoise seemed to be popular.
    I don't remember seeing many kids with Adidas cagoules (with 3 stripes) on the arms during my school days.

However when I was at primary school several kids had cagoules (red, blue or navy, full zip) with two white stripes on each arm. One boy in my year had a red full zip cagoule (Campri) with two black stripes on each arm.
    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I never read this thread before starting the one on Malita jackets, but it sounds like there were a glut of similar ones out at the same time. I've never heard of Patrick and can't remember the Nike ones either, but the colour schemes (blue and grey) were the same as the Malita ones. Malita ruled in my neck of the woods!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Not heard of Malita. Have heard of Masita jackets though. These were popular in the 80's. The Nike ones were the most popular at my comprehensive school.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Having looked on the web all roads point to them actually being Masita, but I could swear up and down that they were called Malita. I even remember my mam looking at me funny when I harped on about wanting one as she thought she'd have to get tokens from melitta coffee! I'd love to see a pic of the one I had. I certainly can't find anything under Malita.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I'd love to see pics of them too Tricky. I loved my Nike one but can't find any pics of those either.

Comment

Masita? Malita? Never heard of either? Sure you don't mean Mileta? I remember two boys at when I was at secondary school in 1989 who had cagoules made by them.

For your information, my primary school years were 1976 to 1983, and secondary school years were 1983 to 1990, just so you know what time frame I'm talking about here.

Let's discuss further what I said in my post 3 days ago. Does anyone remember cagoules with two white stripes running up the length of each arm shoulder to wrist? During my primary school days several kids had red, blue or navy cagoules with two white stripes on each arm. In 1982/83, one boy in my year had a red full zip cagoule (Campri) with two black stripes up the length of each arm.

During my secondary school years, circa 1986/87 I remember two girls in a lower year than me who each had a navy full zip cagoule with two white stripes the length of each arm. Another girl that year had a grey full zip cagoule with two white stripes the length of each arm.

Who else remembers such cagoules? Did any other DYR Forums users have one?
              I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Masita is definitely a sports wear brand that has been going for years!

Comment

Probably was Mileta, now trading as TOG 24.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                    I'd love to see pics of them too Tricky. I loved my Nike one but can't find any pics of those either.
                    Trouble is, back in the 1970s/1980s (film camera era), you wouldn't have taken a picture of any item of clothing just "on a hanger". Nor would your parents have taken a photo of you with your cagoule on. Not unless you happened to be wearing it when they were really taking a picture of you standing at a tourist attraction, e.g. Bristol Zoo, to make a "memorable shot of your trip there". As I've said in this post on another thread, those were the days when photography was expensive: cost of a film and having it developed, so people couldn't afford to photograph "trivial things" like that, unlike the digital era now.
                    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      Am confused here - is this thread not about that actor who starred in "Father Dear Father?"
                      Outstanding ....

btw: didn't he have twin daughters, and someone called Nanny, Aussie film? (or am I going mad?)

Back on topic, yes I had one of these .... sky blue and white in mid 85' as a 16 y.o bought from Redmaynes & Todds in Nottingham (by the station). I thought I was the dogs danglies walking down Lincoln High Street before an Imps game!

Comment

I had the same one as in your picture, where I was from, Birmingham, this was the Blues colour, Villa wore the orange/grey coloured version.

Comment

I'm getting warmer...

found this pick of the fabled and mysterious Mileta brand. The jacket isn't the same as what I remember. The Pic doesn't show much anyway but there is some sort of horizontal band going on and the sewn label looks familiar with the red bit on it, so I conclude that the brand of choice at my school was Mileta.

The hunt for my actual jacket continues...
                          Attached Files
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                          X